Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Chc Fleet Renewal

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The '...in with the new' is great for the industry, but we are missing the 'out with the old...' half of that saying. Perhaps we are getting too safe, not writing as many off as we used to, eh?

How old is the the A/C you are flying? Might get some interesting answers...

We have a S76 with serial number 005 :punk: CHC has 004 in their fleet.

I used to fly the first 'B' model JetRanger around quite a bit...**** of a ship too, nice and light.

Hi Rotorhead

Thanks for the reply on my " Pensions " post..

I've got a question regarding the pictures though.

The registration on the aircraft,where is it from???

To the best of my knowledge, Italian registered as they are built in Italy. That'll change when the machine finds it's new home.

That 139 is a beauty, size of the 76 but way more power than the 61.

RH

Hey Rotorhead nice pics,

Any chance of new paint coming Halifax? I know there once was talk about it.

No, the customer loves the capacity and cost of the 61 and with Sable Island being a land based alternate, it is hard for them to justify the cost of the new machines. The customer decides what flies as they pay the bills.

Now if something is discovered further offshore, especially crude. Maybe. But the natural gas being pumped to shore off Sable is already sold, so no big changes.

In Newfoundland, I believe the budget is much different as they just keep finding more deposits and the price of oil makes the new aircraft price very negligible. Safety is a major concern too when you look how far away from land you are. Look at the Flemish Cap on a globe. It is almost 20% of the distance from St. John's to Spain. Yikes!

RH

No, the customer loves the capacity and cost of the 61 and with Sable Island being a land based alternate, it is hard for them to justify the cost of the new machines. The customer decides what flies as they pay the bills.

Now if something is discovered further offshore, especially crude. Maybe. But the natural gas being pumped to shore off Sable is already sold, so no big changes.

In Newfoundland, I believe the budget is much different as they just keep finding more deposits and the price of oil makes the new aircraft price very negligible. Safety is a major concern too when you look how far away from land you are. Look at the Flemish Cap on a globe. It is almost 20% of the distance from St. John's to Spain. Yikes!

RH

Actually we've been flying 609's here for the past four years, just keeping it REALLY quiet...................... ;)

Hi Rotorhead

Thanks for the reply on my " Pensions " post..

I've got a question regarding the pictures though.

The registration on the aircraft,where is it from???

CHC Europe's first new Agusta/Bell AB-139 was being test flown in Italy as I-RAIA. It was planned to be flown from Cascina Costa (Italy) to Den Helder (Netherlands) somewhere before Christmas and then become PH-SHK, the first AB-139 in the Dutch civil aviation register.

RH