Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Bad Helicopter Season

Although it may not be a ''banner'' year, it could be, and has been, one **** of lot worse. A quick scan of CIFFC''s numbers shows that, in May, there were an average of about 31 intermediates and 18 mediums on per day and, for the first 12 days of June, an average of about 28 intermediates and 21 mediums. Not quite up to last years fairly regular numbers of 65 and 45, but not totally disrespectable, either (especially if you''re included in those numbers, heh! heh!).

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Okanogan s had about a half dozen fires burning yesterday. I was out on 2 fires one in Penticton and one in Osoyoos.

Trying out my longline skills filling pumpkins. I must say you longline guys that do it all the time in the mediums are impressive (Stickjiggler your my hero). I have alot of respect for you guys after 2 hours of it Iam burnt. I have never seen fire fighters run so fast before getting chased by a bucket.

Funny post FireHawk, YOU''RE a Heli-God now, and don''t deny it! You handle the steam chicken like a pro, and rumor has it, all the Lodge girls in the Cariboo''s adore you....

Jiggler may be good, and his longline may always look as straight as a 150'' pipe, but don''t believe everything he says.... I did see a black steel 3/4" water pipe about that length being delivered to his house last week...coincidence?

hey thumper, that would require me to dig up files from the "blurry" years and that is just too painful dude!!!

hey, was that the party that had your girlfriend hung over for two days and cursing us for 5???

have some vague images coming out out the murky deep....................

Hey Guys,

Things are getting pretty dry in the bush here in Northern Ontario.  As of today MNR is saying the fire hazard is High to Extreme but no fire ban issued yet.....should be on by the end of the week if we dont get rain.  Alot of ships on spec. here on the north shore of lake superior.

Any one know who''s flying & fixing Delta''s 205 that''s parked in Marathon?  If so PM me, I know how it sucks to just sit around in a hotel room all day and I''ll get in touch with them and maybe fire up the BBQ and offer them a cool one.

Same goes for any of you guys coming through this way.

Cheers

R

The CIFFC stats says there is 28 mediums and 14 intermediates stationed in Ontario right now.....it looks like the season is finally getting going boyz!!!!!!

Just be ready to "Kick the tires and light the fires" as the weather man says its gonna be hotter than the hubs for the rest of the week.

XoNe

Hey bud haven''t heard from you in a while. Yes the fire season is now here....today in the Northwest Fire Region we had about 4 good sized ones burning and all the mediums that were on the pad (around 13) are all know flying. Word is that a few heavys are being requested...probably 61s...time to break out the camcorder.