Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Ec120, What Do We Need To Know?

EC120.

Product support???? Good luck on that one. It has been a year and they still can't tell me overhaul costs.

Cheers

C.

I guess it would be tough to come up with an hourly charter rate if nobody tells you what they're gonna soak you for o/h costs... :blink: with the same # of seats & payload as a jetbox I guess thats the competition..kinda sucks its so fast if you get paid by the hour. The only thing for sure is your insurance will be 2x jetbox insurance.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

with an approx $200/US DOC wet, I'm sure you can figure out a competitive tarriff rate.

So anytime you guys want to let Helidude have his thread back and drop the bullsh*t crap that always arises when somebody wants to have some valid knowledge thrown their way, have at it. This isn't supposed to be a bashing thread.

with an approx $200/US DOC wet, I'm sure you can figure out a competitive tarriff rate.

So anytime you guys want to let Helidude have his thread back and drop the bullsh*t crap that always arises when somebody wants to have some valid knowledge thrown their way, have at it. This isn't supposed to be a bashing thread.

$200US/hr wet is a very attractive operating cost when fuel consumption is going to be an average of about $85US/hr...$115US/hr for engine and dynamic component costs. I believe thats cheaper than a Jetranger. Hmmm...very, very attractive. Anyone care to comment?? Is it reality?? Perfect Track I'm curious where we digressed from discussion to "bullsh*t crap". There is often valid operational experience and knowledge within the "bashing" that sometimes occurs, after all, were talking about an aircraft not somebodies sister. :shock:

p.s. Where is M*gseal anyway???

Edited by vortex

He either changed his name to perfect track or he is his mentor, when you want to know everything go to EC and get the BS.

They must have a special training course for egg heads.

Somebody happened to make a comment about perfect tracks comments and he called it BS.

My God a Bull Shyter calling another person names.

Maybe we should notify EC what good employees they have and the great PR they are doing for the company.

Thanks for the P.M.'s and the info guys, we had Pheonix's bird for a couple days before christmas to see what it could do. We were all very happy with the performance and the aircraft in general. It's not perfect but it blows the doors off a Jetranger!

I talked to the boys at Great Slave and Pheonix Heli and they all had very positive things to say about the aircraft.

I worked with Chopper Chuck many moons ago with Abitibi. Great guy to be on tour with!

with the same # of seats & payload as a jetbox I guess thats the competition..kinda sucks its so fast if you get paid by the hour. The only thing for sure is your insurance will be 2x jetbox insurance.

You're wrong on both those points.

1- It has the same number of seats but it can actually take one more passenger than the jetbox with more fuel range and you can carry 3 times the cargo. The cargo compartment is freakin HUGE!

2- It's faster than the jetranger but that means for the same time spent in the air, you can acturally go further than you would in a jetranger

3- You get to your destination faster than with a jetranger (meaning less time billed to the customer) but you got there with more payload and at a higher hourly tariff. The customer might end up paying the same than he would've with a jetranger but he got more done faster and more comfortably. This equals repeat business.

4- The insurance is no where near twice as much as a jetbox.

We're mainly interested in hearing from people with actual hands on experience. Based on some of these posts, there's plenty of naysayers out there that haven't even seen one up close. :up: