Sign in to follow this  
helidude

Ec120, What Do We Need To Know?

does anyone have a "flip the birdie" smilie to loan me???

Phil, you see it all the time when a customer looks at an aircraft performance and forgets about all the crap they plan on adding to it. it's not always the manufacturers fault for the overloading of extra gear causing the underpowered situations. If you can tell me that they had the list in their hands when they placed their order, then maybe, just maybe, you can blame the sales department. Oh and lets not forget, maybe the budget just wasn't there for the B3's during the first purchase. Must say something though when they stick with the same manufacturer.

for fun, lets take a 206 and throw all that crap in....and then we'll cry for the 407 replacements.

Albert, I guess by that rationalle, our Canadian Forces Bell 412's aren't fairing much better.

We had a 120 here for a couple days and did comparison flights with a jetranger and we were very happy with its performance.

We could give a rat's arse that the San Bernardino Sherrif department couldn't plan their way out of a paper bag! The numbers are there for everyone to see, it souldn't have been that hard to figure out. The 120 does exactly what the numbers say it will.

By the way Skidz, we arrived in Montreal tonight for the 120 course!

Albert, I guess by that rationalle, our Canadian Forces Bell 412's aren't fairing much better.

We had a 120 here for a couple days and did comparison flights with a jetranger and we were very happy with its performance.

We could give a rat's arse that the San Bernardino Sherrif department couldn't plan their way out of a paper bag! The numbers are there for everyone to see, it souldn't have been that hard to figure out. The 120 does exactly what the numbers say it will.

By the way Skidz, we arrived in Montreal tonight for the 120 course!

I guess I'll have to take you to visit some of our most reputable establishments then... ;)

i think it's only here in saskatchewan where us men are not man enough to drink beer, watch a dancer, and keep our caveman selves in check... <_<

welcome to the prairies... :wacko:

Alright, we just finished the first week of the maintenance course. Very impressed so far on how this thing is put together! A very well thought out helicopter.

Positives-fast, quiet, safe, simple yet solid construction, very simple to work on, very simple to work on, did I mention very simple to work on? The head comes off in about 15 minutes, the fenestron comes off in about 15 minutes, no short shaft to grease or dissassemble, no exhaust stack to remove with the engine cowl, no short shaft to balance, no tail rotor to grease..... I could go on and on.

Negatives, No dedicated training aid, we're using a consenting customer's a/c to train on, not a lot of after market kits yet, no "door" warning lights for any cargo doors or cowlings, no repairs allowed on the airframe main structure in the event of an accident, the doors operate well but different than other types of helicopters therefore the customers will have to be trained well. This might be a problem with fire fighters and surveyors.....

Someone mentioned in another thread that it was and expensive Astar, I think it's important to mention that a new Bell 206 with the exact same configuration is actually more money and will do less than the 120.

Also, there has yet to be a catastrophic design failure with the 120 (acording to Eurocopter). The San Diego police dept. had a fatal accident following a fuel control failure (due to an incorrect assembly). They apparently successfully auto'd but landed on the edge of a cliff and rolled down the mountain. This is what we were told by Eurocopter by the way, I haven't read the accident report.

The accident survivability of the 120 so far seems to be outstanding.

By the way, people here are crazy drivers and can you say "holy pot holes batman!"??

Montreal's road budget needs to be quadrupled!!!

The potholes are Quebec speed bumps.

Think how fast we could /would drive if we had good roads!

How is life @ Chez Pare?????? :up:

Check out Cheers and the Winston Churchill pub too!

Helidude, if you read Alert Telex TFS 0000261 (Aug4/05) it goes into detail about what turbomeca found. It also references ASL 2359/05/Arrius2F/29 issued Aug 1/05.

the final report from the NTSB isn't on the site yet, just the preliminary (NTSB Identification: LAX05GA231).