Not Enough “short Line Time”?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey T-rex, if they want short line time we'll give em short line time. Lets see how long is a bambi bucket and how much time do we have swinging one of those things around, thousands of hours ha ha. Haven't heard from Maggy for some time now. Let him know I heading down to Daytona Bike week with six other riders March 4-11. Will take my camera along for the ride.

Fly safe

SOB :up:

Guest sharky

I believe the TC term for firefighters aboard with external loads is 'persons other than crewmembers'. The logic being that all forest firefighters are professionally trained in helicopter operations, and well, the MNR says they want it that way. There's a spec somewhere in the 702 standards I'll try and dig up.

CASS 722.16 gives the answer...

Carriage of Persons

The standards for authorization to carry persons other than flight crew members and persons essential during flight are:

(a) the person is a flight crew member trainee, is a person undergoing training for essential duties during flight or is an air operator employee aircraft maintenance technician;

(B) the person is a fire fighter or fire control officer being carried within a forest fire area;

( c) the person is being carried to an aerial work site, performs an essential function in connection with the aerial work operation and is necessary to accomplish the aerial work operation;

CASS 722