Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Recomended Websites For Safety Record Of Schools

Ocean Paddler

Does anyone have a web site the shows information on the Safety record of various schools in Canada?

I'm looking into starting with Greatslave Helicopters in Calgary later this year, does anyone have experience with them or their claim to hiring students? Or any recomendations for other schools in Calgary?

I'm looking into moving to Calgary later this year from California and I'm looking to start training.

Hi OP, you must have read my post on the other site. these's lots of info here, go to the search box and search your key words, you'll find just about every answer you're looking for. if you cannot find a specfific answer, ask the question and someone will have it.

this is a great place with great people.

welcome aboard. :punk:

Great Slave has a good reputation in Canada, so I'd imagine their training is top notch. Also nice that they are willing to hire students, though as with other companies I doubt it's guaranteed.

One thing I might mention is the high cost of doing all your training on turbines as they seem to do. If you can afford it then great, Lord knows I'd love to have 100 hours of 206 time under my belt. But don't dismiss other schools that offer piston time as well. If you look there is a good thread here somewhere about the merit doing all your training in a turbine machine.

If you are set on doing it all on turbines then also check out Canadian's training school in Penticton... also a great school from what I've heard.

Edited by Ryan