Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Free Training!

Jay Flight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really mean free, as a wannabee from what Ive been told you spend $50k for a licence that you can't use as everyone needs more than 100 hours or 2-3 years pushing a broom ( less than min wage ) to show what a nice guy I am then maybe a chance to get back into the pic seat

or

you get someone like this to pay for most of the license and you get to push their broom for 2-3 years I would think that your bank account would be somewhere close to the same at the end of the 3 years but at least you would be in the industry??? that's what I see in the ad but I would really like to see the contract to really know...I was hoping that the person the ad was done by was on this site to clear things up....

I know there is some people that get lucky and not have to do the 3 years ground work but you would have to know someone.... or in my case 450 hours fixed wing with the helicopter licence :unsure:

Why don't you email them and find out more information of what they are offering ? then put it on the forum make it public knowledge.

I know of three helicopter instructors that have worked and don't seem to be rushing back which tells you something !!!

What's the going salary for a CFI $50,000+ they probably won't be offering you that LOL

I can tell ya life as a rampie is far from a rock star life style, but you don't make less than minimum wage. Hopefully no companies out there will make their ground crew accept even minimum wage. It's hard work, long days and can be very dangerous. You might do it thinking you're being a nice guy, but the boss might just see a push-over and not give you the respect you deserve as an employee.

Why don't ya fire an email off to this fella and see what he says though. Get him to put in writting what he's really offering. ;)

This one is easy to figure out.

GFT will send the successful candidate to a

Helicopter School to acquire a Commercial Helicopter Licence and Instructor

Rating on a cost shared basis.

Just where do you think that he will send the successful candidate to?

A school of his choosing. Probably the school that belongs to him or where he has finicial interests in!

SCAM SCAM :punk: :down: ;)

It makes you sick to see this sort of sh*t in the industry.

Hey Guys

I sent them an email. Eh, it can't hurt!

I am still waiting for a response. Gonna let you know when I do. I would like to see more, if its true or not.

Sounds a bit iffy to me.

I guess I will know if I get an email or not, if this thing is actually real.

Thanks,

Take care,

Robert

To good to be true ?

Ok lets look at the costs for the sucessfull candidate !

Ok if you have no previous experiance

150 hours for a commercial license in the USA

15 hours prep for instructor flight test no minimums

9 months of time for the private and commercial and instructor flight hours

4 written tests private commercial and two flight instructor exams

three flight tests pvt comm and instructor

Total cost of training 50,000 US dollars min

and another 20,000 dollars for living min

Then you work for a year to eighteen months earning minimum wage in the USA

building hours !!

Once you get the hours you come back to Canada do your commercial written and flight test do your 15 hours of flight training and 10 hours of ground with a class 1 instructor do the 2 written exams and instructor flight test then work for them for 2 years paying 80,000 US dollars back to them !!!! sounds to good to be true just do the sums yourself and work out the cost !!!!

Well 2pwrr.........In Canada it's 100 hours you need for your commercial with one written exam. 4 months. But then you need 250 hours PIC, to get your instructor rating. So to get your hours here, you have to spend your money, cause no one hires a loww timer at 100 hours.

Well 2pwrr.........In Canada it's 100 hours you need for your commercial with one written exam. 4 months. But then you need 250 hours PIC, to get your instructor rating. So to get your hours here, you have to spend your money, cause no one hires a loww timer at 100 hours.

Sorry have to disagree with you on this if no one gets hired in Canada with 100 hours how come you have a helicopter industry ?