Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Endorsement Courses Purchased Buy Your Company?

thekingshead

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless things have changed radically since I was in the military, it IS NOT a Democrcy. One gives-up certain Rights when one "enters through those doors". Law enforcement is also very similar. So your comment "does not compute" with me. :D

"does not compute"

whats the matter Cap? Virus got you down? Hard drive full? CD Rom working at half speed?

My two cents on this though, I did leave after a few months of the comapny sinking a chunk of money into me, and to boot I also took 6 weeks leave to care for my wife after an operation before I pulled the plug just days before me scheduled to go back.

Was it a poor choice...no. I did what I needed to with regards to my life. Opportunities are forever changing and becoming available. I do whats best for me and my family and I'm so sorry if the company gets screwed in the end on occasion.

If every employee who took a course fricked off shortly after, then the company needs to look at it's options and overall image and make changes. If they feel the committment letter is their only choice, so be it. It shows how much they trust you.

I look at it this way, how many are happy and stay for a long time after getting courses, versus how many flock off? I bet you'll find the companies although get burned once in awhile, they don't always lose out. And how many guys do they hire that come equipped with ink not yet dry certifcates? I think the door swings both ways.

So, how long have you been in the industry?

Why didn't he just buy his own course? Then he could move around all he wanted without the worry... :unsure:

Poor start, and he'll probably end up with he puts in. :angry:

Skids i am guessing you are a pilot? Would you pay for a type rating or PPC every year if you were a full time employee. The company needs it more then you. You can't do anything for our employer with out a Type rating, ppc or a course. Thats why the employer should pay for it. I do angry with that it was a poor start, but i don't know ll the reasons for leaving his old company.

...I did leave after a few months of the comapny sinking a chunk of money into me... :down:

If they feel the committment letter is their only choice, so be it. It shows how much they trust you. :shock:

WOW! Both ends of the stick there!

Skids i am guessing you are a pilot?

Pilot / Engineer for 30 years.

Would you pay for a type rating or PPC every year if you were a full time employee.
No. But I wouldn't get a PPC or training from them and then leave to another company. I think they get good value out of me for the price of training...

Thats why the employer should pay for it.

Yes that's true. But they should expect and get more in return, than the back end of the individual walking out the door.

...but i don't know ll the reasons for leaving his old company.

Agreed. Lots of different reasons, some good some not. Beacuse you think you can do better next door, is not a good one. If it is such a good deal next door, go over and let them pay for your training. Then you both win.

One may do whatever one wishes and it's their Right to do so, but one should always pay heed of an old axiom in Canadian F/W or R/W aviation..........."if someone sneezes in Vancouver, short days later someone in Halifax will day 'God Bless you'."

It's that very thing that also helps many to obtain jobs that never will see a "Pilot Wanted" advertisement.