Ifr-night Rating

hurler

i presumed that hurler is like the rest of us who have paid our taxes and done all the other stuff too... so if someone can get some benefit out of the system as opposed to those who just take and never put in, i'd rather he get the benefit...

but RG's idea still seems the best to me... you take something out, make **** sure you put some more in... just my $0.02 worth

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i presumed that hurler is like the rest of us who have paid our taxes and done all the other stuff too... so if someone can get some benefit out of the system as opposed to those who just take and never put in, i'd rather he get the benefit...

but RG's idea still seems the best to me... you take something out, make **** sure you put some more in... just my $0.02 worth

Actually Twinnie, i get the distinct impression (presumed) from H, that he is still paying his dues....and far from happy about it.

:( Sigh....i guess my (old school) way of thinking, (i pay my own way, work hard, be honest, treat others as you would want to be treated, make as many friends as possible, and most of all, take responsibility for your own actions, etc.) must be dated. Jeez, if i wanted aan IFR rating, i would just go pay for it myself....even after 29 years, i'll still pay my dues (and be **** happy about it)!

i hear ya, H56... i was just thinking of when i had my stroke in 2003 and my employer had no short term disabillty plan, just long term, i had to spend a few months on EI till the long term kicked in... and felt no qualms about getting some payback out of what i paid into...

the paying your own way is still something i adhere to personally... you ain't that old in your thinking!!! :up: B)

i hear ya, H56... i was just thinking of when i had my stroke in 2003 and my employer had no short term disabillty plan, just long term, i had to spend a few months on EI till the long term kicked in... and felt no qualms about getting some payback out of what i paid into...

the paying your own way is still something i adhere to personally... you ain't that old in your thinking!!! :up: B)

Sorry to hear about your bad luck....hey, that is why we pay into a system like that, when the sh*t hit's the fan, you have backup........bet your healthy as a horse these day's.... :)

• 1 month later...

Do you buy a car cause you like the coulor. Just cause the salesmen says it's a gret car doesn't make it a great car. You buy it....2 weeks later it dies. You later find every otehr car like that has the same problem. Just like this industry. Most schools will give you the samw song and dance. "Oh yes industry is going strong....few weeks/years after finishing you are puching a broom and realize everyone else is too.

Do some research before you dive into stuff.

Do you buy a car cause you like the coulor. Just cause the salesmen says it's a gret car doesn't make it a great car. You buy it....2 weeks later it dies. You later find every otehr car like that has the same problem. Just like this industry. Most schools will give you the samw song and dance. "Oh yes industry is going strong....few weeks/years after finishing you are puching a broom and realize everyone else is too.

Do some research before you dive into stuff.

wow my english is terrible......anyway.....not disrespect to our military, I would join if it wasn't for my coke bottles, but have fun pushing paper for them. Every aviation job has it's ups and downs.

sorry about my rant...this subject gets me hot under the collar. I don't want to soend 2 years pushing the ol mop around either. But that's the way things are, I want to fly for the life of me, I'll make it happen. Seeing as how you got your lisence handed to you you may not have the drive that guys have that have saved for years and will spend many more paying off the the privalige of gracing the wild blue yonder. Step aside...more passionate guys behind you.