Unionize The Whole Damm Industry

hurler

UNIONIZE THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HL56

There is nothing negative about pointing objective facts and shortcommings about the industry. If we always assume that there is nothing wrong and nobody speaks up to get a better picture ( in this case a poll) then we defeat the concept of any progress.

This is my only objective, to further ananlyze the matter and poll the industry.

There are those that may feel this is negative but I certainly do not!

I like the industry in general but feel that there is room for improvement, so what's the mechanism, maybe a union?. In any regard it's up to all the participants of the industry to decide, I am but one voice!

The matter needs a great deal more time and greater involvement.

Cheers

H ;)

well then get out there and poll the industry.

no offence to anyone here, but it's like polling the daycare center on the whole public school system.

this is simply a small portion of the real world. I suspect the 30% will still stand, or even decrease, even if you managed to find a way to poll everyone.

you've got many avenues to pursue this, get phone and mailing lists (unions can help in that regard) and you can google people too. How about showing up at every front door and asking the employees to fill out a small questionair before they report for work. Heck, even travel around to all the camps across the country. Its all do-able, and the only way to get a real feel for the real industry.

Have fun, maybe the 29 other guys can give you a hand, thats alot of travel for just one guy to do.

yada yada yada yada yada bla bla l

bla bla yada yada bla bla :shock: bla bla bla tada yada yada yada How about them Jays or the Leafs. Who had the beating the dead horse icon its about time to show it again. I think the Contrail thread was more exciting. But hey thats just me.

Good nite all and dont forget to dream about the big Union in the sky. They will save all the lazy and dead beat heli pilots.Ya right :down: :down: :down:

Mini.............

Thanks buddy, I knew one of my old TQ buddies would come through.

Mini...

Guest Angry Egg Driver
30% and holding strong

Anybody know of any companies out there that are hiring pilots for contract work( without a real contract of course) or even full time employee ( without the seasonal layoff.) Oh thats right , that considered " contract seasonal "Wouldn't it be better just to avoid all confusion and state claerly to new pilots that its a seasonal game. This way they won't be disallusioned when they get the annual ROE. :shock:

A union will clairify many of the deceptive hiring practices. I'd like to point out the the Quebec consortium are notorious for dolling out the big full time carrot and then retract it as soon as they got you in. Talk about deceptive hiring practices! :down:

All it takes is a few crooks and the others are dragged down, So internaly regulate ? :blink:

Hey Hurler:

I do know of 2 companies that are looking for full time employees,maybe 3.Not seasonal work as they are all turning lots of hrs at this time.So if you have the qualifications mabe you might send some resumes out. ;)

And as far as the "Quebec" consortium goes,I don't know if I would go along with you on that one either.I spent a few years flying bags for them and at a 900-1000 hrs a year its not to seasonal my friend.Not saying that they are my first choice of employers but before you say things like your saying you might want to check your facts

so far 30 voted yes, and 67 voted no. YET 90% of the Chl Ems pilots voted yes and are seeing victories as we go forward wether in improvements in travel arrangements, unsafe working conditions, or human rights act...

for the whole industry, maybe not, but MOST IFR Multicrew operators, the union would probably be yes over time

so far 30 voted yes, and 67 voted no. YET 90% of the Chl Ems pilots voted yes and are seeing victories as we go forward wether in improvements in travel arrangements, unsafe working conditions, or human rights act...

for the whole industry, maybe not, but MOST IFR Multicrew operators, the union would probably be yes over time

Blah blah blah blah.......

You guys have lost all credibility as far as I'm concerned. The question was asked many times what specific problems warranted the union you voted in and no one has the balls to give us an idea. You don't have a problem promoting your union on this forum but you can't justify it. What gives????