Unionize The Whole Damm Industry

hurler

UNIONIZE THE ENTIRE INDUSTRY  

121 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

T55 & Helilog56

Well said guys , good summation of this thread

It would be a logistics nightmare to get people together to decide anything

as were spread out over ****'s half acre most of the time.

Someone please call PETA if their is anymore flogging of this dead horse :shock:

Hurler , i admire your passion for this subject but if you continue on this

your new avtar will be most appropriate :up: B)

Fly Safe

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Excellent point reddog, about the owner vote, but I have to agree a vote with out thier input would not be truley representative.

I do disagree about the statement:

"Unions are quite simply, a breeding ground for contempt and incompetence.

May the whining continue......... laugh.gif"

Just the other day I had an indepth conversation with a youg woman who just joined the steel workers union here in Canada. I mentioned the issue about unions dragging down the quality of work and expertise" She viamently stated that quite the opposite happens and was clear in stating that it had infact boosts the quality of workmanship. She was very supportive of the union and indicated that when a supervisor saw a slip in the quality, the union can still remove the person from the job for not meeting standards, infact the union sets higher standards for its members and persosn joining must meet a standard or no go! She praised the union for the support it gave women in a previously male dominated industry. She had worked independently on none union jobs and found it much more difficult to satisfy the demands of an owners supervisor who could dismiss her on a whim .

By in large I saw a big similarity between our industry, high risk, and expected professionalism.

Good point about training costs for the IFR boys, and the underselling of services in the VFR Market- Black, I agree with HL56's comment on the diversity of the operators, and what better than a union to standardize terms of employment etc. that are at present all over the place . I can't tell you how many times over the last decade or so operators that change the deal to suit his/her bottom line, and who's left holding the bag? That's right the employee. :down:

Good points pro and con, a good discussion. I find it interesting that the % is holdin pretty steady for the time being.. Who know's what's going to happen?

H ;)

HL56,

I beg to differ on one point.

I think if you put a bunch of flight crew in one room, they can agree on one thing..................BEER............now, whether that will be Bud, Kokanee, Canadian, honey brown, etc etc

HL56,

I beg to differ on one point.

I think if you put a bunch of flight crew in one room, they can agree on one thing..................BEER............now, whether that will be Bud, Kokanee, Canadian, honey brown, etc etc

Your right T55....I stand corrected :up:

Oh yea....and Hurler....I was involved in a union for many years along with my father, i have personally seen what goes down within some (not all) of the union membership, especially the representation (management) side. If you think all are squeaky clean, and are looking for the best interests of it

s' members.....you are quite naive my friend.

I can't tell you how many times over the last decade or so operators that change the deal to suit his/her bottom line,...

But lets remember that they are EMPLOYEERS, and we are just employees. They are the ones who didn't/couldn't sleep, made excuses at the bank, put the house on the line, etc so we would have a job. Not that that is an excuse for treating anyone poorly, but in reality, they are the ones holding the bag...

And no, not an employeer, always an employee. B)

try that one again Hurler, I worked at a major steelmaker in canada and so did about 8 relatives. So I can gracefully say your little lady friend is off the mark, or at least disillusioned. Remember, she's a new member and keen to support her salvation so we won't be too hard on her. Give her a few years and lets see if her tune changes.