Enstrom Helicopters

67november

Thx for the reply. trying to get a feel for training birds.

have 28F's on one side of town and 300CBI's on the other.

more comments appreciated :up:

I have flown and instructed on both, ( 3000hrs on HU30 and 800hrs on EH28 )

they are both great machines. I would not concern my self with what type

of A/C as much as the reputation of the flight training centre that uses them.

Cheers.

thanks for the info Huffy, I wanted to find out pilot opinions between the 2 a/c's

the next step will be to visit and talk to the CP, Mechanics, and former students and inspect the facilities and review the training programs.

keep the comments coming.

thx :up:

While your making your inquireies I strongly recommend that you call the operators that have a reputation for hireing low time pilots and ask what they recommend you train on. Just a suggestion.

As an operator that does hire low timers it's been rare to get these calls, but the "What can I do or get to put me ahead of everyone else." calls are plentyfull.

P.S. I don't abuse my low timers and I feel we pay well.

As an operator that does hire low timers it's been rare to get these calls, but the "What can I do or get to put me ahead of everyone else." calls are plentyfull.

P.S. I don't abuse my low timers and I feel we pay well.

that's what got my attention :blink:

you make a good point about the call.

upper level AB won't do it for me as I'm south of the border :D

I did my CFI in an F-28A Enstrom may moons ago. I started out in Bell 47G-3's. I didn't like it much at first, but after about an hour it started to grow on me. They are not bad, they perform pretty well. Not having time in R-22's is going to put you at a disadvantage later, that is if you plan on flying career wise. Thats the bottom line of of it, its not really which one is better or not, its the one you are most likely go get a job flying. For low time pilots, for better or worst, the R-22 rules the roost. Plan your training around not what I would like to do but rather what will get me a seat asap after you finish training. The real bottom line is getting that first job.