Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

No More Ppcs For Some

MINI

This exemption applies to an air operator who wishes to permit a PIC to act as a flight crew member on a VFR flight and a PIC who wishes to act as a flight crew member on a VFR flight without comleting a pilot proficiency check for one of the single engined helicopters operated by the air operator when carring 9 or less persons not including flight crew members.

For more details check out the HAC site for this latest news.

Fly safe all and have a great day Mini..........

Oops, still figuring out all these buttons. I'm not sure I follow you.

"Who is liable when they bend their own?"

Are you saying TC has bent an a/c doing a PPC on themselves? I hadn't heard about that. All I was saying is that TC check pilots have been involved in incidents while doing check rides on pilots in their compay machines. I've always heard criticisms of a system that allows that to happen.

I don't agree with doing away with the PPC, I think any pilot that's faced with an annual pass or fail scenario will take the books a little more seriously. We may not like it but the idea should be to keep the standards up.

Whether or not TC had been involved in a few PPC prangs should be beside the point, the price of high standards lets say (and a lot easier to say if it's not my bucks). Assuming this is actually the reason for doing away with the PPC I think it's a shame that legality is getting in the way of good industry standards.

sb