Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

obtaining A&P licence

frenchwrench

We went to a local FAA office (Rochester NY) and showed our Canadian licence and some more papers and were given approval to write the exams and the name of the local examiner to do the practical. A Canadain company at home had the exams on a computer for I think $70 or $80 US per exam. 3 exams I think, I never did it because of the expence and no need for the licence but my buddy did and he went to the examiners business in the US and spent the day helping him around the shop and did a cyl change on a small single and then some US cash changed hands $300 or $400 and he had his A&P.

I still have the papers if you need more info.

• 4 months later...

Boy.....you guys lucked out on the A&P thing, I did mine through a Fasttrack course. As a request of the FAA in Dallas I had to produce a letter of experience, letter of the tasks I did, letter from TC, my AME lic and a letter from my employer. Spent 8 days at Red Bird Airport in Texas and completed the course like an other A&P would have.

• 3 weeks later...

I remember when I was I DKW on a course myself and a couple of buddies stopped by an " aviation school" near the airforce base and we inquired about an A&P licence.

The owner of the school started off with the 6 month course details,when we explained that we were only in the area for two more weeks he told us about the fast track course and for $500.00 we could use the quick study guide ( as he waved the FAA exam in front of us) and as we were obviously experienced the pratical would be waved,the only delay would be for the time waiting for the exam to be marked in Omaha.

:elvis: :elvis: :elvis: