Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Apprentice Wages And Help Please!

Puddle Jumper

Hi Everyone.

Many of you know my story....by no means new to aviation. I am about to complete Aircraft Maintenance trainging and will be looking for an apprentice job in May. I am looking for PMs from you good fellows to give me a heads up on what I should expect for wages (I know not much but non the less) and the rough idea of where (geographically) I could expect these wages. Plus if anyone knows of an operator that will be looking....either Rotory or Fixed Wing please send me a PM. Thanks! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Great Slave outa Yellowknife is uaually willing to give a fresh apprentice a try as long as the apprentice is willing to give Yellowknife a try with it's high cost of living, on average apprentice wages. However you will get expirience on 8 (soon to be 9) types of helicopters, heavy maintenance expirience and field expirience. If you bring a passport you may get international expirience (currently Alaska and Colorado, and there's been some Montana stuff I think). Oh and if you want fistfighting expirience just hang out infront of The Raven on any given night. Bring a fresh liver.

Good luck,

Apprentice :huh: