Phone Booth Bases

OK guys time to start a good one and put all this union crap in the circular file. Let's hear where every body stands on Phone Booth bases, no real need to name names but you know what I mean, BC companies in Alberta, Alberta companies in BC (there seem to be fewer of these though) with no real facility just a phone on call forward, thus allowing them to be a provincial hire. This could be a good kickoff to the 2006 fire season.

And remember friends don't let friends join unions.

DT3

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BC has had for a number of years, a policy that you had to be established for a year before you would get what was considered "base work". Good policy to keep the 'creamers' out of your back yard.

If it gets really busy, that become a horse of a different colour.

:down: to phone booth bases....

Wait! Isn't the phone company unionized?

No matter, :down: with that too...

:lol::lol:

OK guys time to start a good one and put all this union crap in the circular file.

And remember friends don't let friends join unions.

DT3

Hey DT3!!

First you say it's time to move on from the "Union Crap" then you take one more kick at the cat. Do we drop the Union thing forever or address the friends comment. I'm confused- (as usual)

Have a good day :blink:

Alberta has the same one year rule but it still doesn't work.

What about a provincial government giving a forestry contract to an out of province operator. I guess the question is "what is an out of province" operator?

If your head office is not in Alberta, should you still be considered and Alberta operator???

Charity begins at home "province" were the taxe's are paid???????

Autair Helicopters from Montreal used to have OMNR fire base contracts in "Fort Erie" and "Port Arthur"back in the 60's with the mighty B47G2.

To this day most of the contracts are from out of state, sorry province.

Cheers, Don

If you dont have a base and it is just a phone line that is forwarded then that is wrong, but if I have a well established base in Alberta and operates 1 or 2 machines out of it on a continuous basis, Then call in some bigger Iron and have a few mediums on contract in that province but are not from that base or that province, what is the deal, are we then to say if that aircraft doesnt normally work in that province it shouldnt be able to work there.

As far as I'm concerned, the Alberta government should be supporting Alberta companies. Alpine and Yellowhead are two examples, they are both B.C. companies with bases in Alberta. I think they are both top notch operators and I hold them both in high esteem but any Alberta contracts should be given to operators who pay Alberta taxes because they chose to set up their main bases in Alberta and therefore should reap the benefits of that investment.