Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Job Openings

Been doing snow survey in the central interior and there has been some big dumps of snow. Wish I was a ski pilot :up: , But I'm not :down: I'm crossing my fingers that it all melts off fast were due for a good fire season :punk: Burn baby burn :D

mtnhopper.....been awhile since the old W.H. days...hope things are going well for you where ever you are. im sure ill run into you on a fire somewhere...sometime.

untill then...keep the spinny side up buds...

(remember this airport??)

post-1802-1138915188_thumb.jpg

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Rumrunner, you could not be further from the truth if you think that just because the winter snowfall is great that the summer rain will be less so that the average will sork out. The misconception under which you labour is known as the Gamlber's Fallacy. There is a good bit about it on the Net. I suggest you get the book from the library on statistics that I recommended to Perfect Track. I wonder if he has read it yet?

These erroneous ideas that pervade the thinking of helicopter pilots is most distressing. I think the flying public is in some danger because of it.

Once I witnessed a pilot who had with him a set of bathroom scales. When he made a grocery run, he took the time to weigh all of the many boxes that comprised the load. He knew exactly what he had in there. You know what? The other pilot laughed at him. The camp boss claimed that he took too long to load up. He was eventually run off FOR TRYING TO DO HIS JOB TO THE BEST OF HIS ABILITY. It made me sick.

Back on t*ts ..oops, meant topic for a sec.

Does there appear to be a great many jobs being posted for this time of the year. Been out of the VFR side of it for awhile, are companies shopping for drivers earlier?

I know that we are currently in the market for drivers and so is just about every other IFR operator.....WORLDWIDE!!

Rumrunner, you could not be further from the truth if you think that just because the winter snowfall is great that the summer rain will be less so that the average will sork out.

These erroneous ideas that pervade the thinking of helicopter pilots is most distressing. I think the flying public is in some danger because of it.

I'm with RumRunner on this one ....so I too am a danger to the general public ?????... although my record over the past 27 years seems to say otherwise.

RumRunner :up: John Moore :down:

RDM how's our token Newfie doing back on the rock, tell him that we miss him out west. :up:

Lighten up on RumRunner. All he said was he thinks it'll be a hot dry summer. How does that put anyone is danger? Weather prediction isn't based on random events anyways, so Gambler's Fallacy doesn't really apply. Statistical Probability on the other hand does.

Still though, saying pilots are a danger to the public based on RR's thoughts on the summer weather... twas a great laugh. I needed it. :up:

If you were a betting man you'd be susceptible to Gambler's Fallacy!!! I've had a lot of "conditions" over the years and don't think I can handle another one... as a french friend one said to me (spelling intentional in order to approximate accent) "Ah enterd dah symtons to dah inturnet and it said I have everyting!!!!"... Maybe off topic but I couldn't resist...

John Moore -------if YOU need bathroom scales to know when YOU are over-gross, then:

1) you don't have much experience in total and SHOULD use them by all means.

or

2) you don't have much experience on type and again, should possibly use them

or

3) if you have the experience in total AND on type AND still need bathroom scales to know when YOU are over-gross, then you have some serious problems that have nothing to do with aviation. IF you believe that you will get same on the F/W side of aviation, then I have a surprise for you. They weigh the baggage for the aircraft, BUT use the standard weights that MoT issues for all pax for the Manifest that you sign. Ask/demand for all the passengers to be weighed on a commercial flight and again......you too will be "run-off" and therfore have reason to get "sick" once again.

Have not seen much of DD, came through here for some ground training and was then shipped off to the GOM he passes through here from time to time between tours.

Keeps mumbling something about heli-skiing :up: