Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Helmet Upgrade

Norm

Oregon Aero can answer this, but make sure the styroliner in the SPH-4 is useable with the Zeta Liner. The Zeta Liner is marketed as a replacement to the TPL found in SPH-4b s and later, which doesn't use the same styroliner as your SPH-4. It's a small detail, and you can get a replacement styroliner for about 20 bucks if memory serves.

As for myself, when I rebuilt my helmet, I ordered the SPH-4 to SPH-4b conversion kit from FlightSuits. It included the styroliner, TPL and plugs to fill the screw holes left behind after removing the webbing...

Zeta liner beats the TPL bubble wrap crap hands down. It's great.

But I suggest you get the whole upgrade kit, (ear cup liners etc) for a few dollars more.

Sizing and price details here.......

http://www.oregonaero.com/p69_2001.html

I've always had great service from these guys.

Just ordered new ear seals for my Alpha Eagle (stock are crap) TOP NOTCH SERVICE!

V