Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

A Sweet Alpine 212 Video

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bottom end looks to be no big deal, but that is definitley one very "expedited" turn to final going on there. Camera angles notwithstanding, our intrepid aviator was, I'm quite sure of it, dealing with a rather sharp sink rate coming out of the turn.

But what do I know.......................................

That all looks pretty normal to me. I've always found that one of the best ways to lose excess height and airspeed is to pass the spot downwind, pull the nose up and do a 40 kt turn to final while kind of falling sideways... it's certainly not hard on the machine and seems to be basically what the guy does here. And since you roll out into wind you're perfectly set up. You can hear the compressors are running pretty steady in the video and they'd be winding up quite obviously if he was behind on power, so all in all I'd say there is nothing too abnormal here... although my Mom would be screaming I'm sure!

HV

LOL

Are ya speakin from experience 204B ?????

I did not think they had movie cameras back then ;)

Plink

Plinko you are right, the cameras had a crank handle and all angles look bad.

HEHEHEHEEHHEHEHE. I only Hel-Skied for CMH for 13 years. Plinko keep the humor mate.

Plinko you are right, the cameras had a crank handle and all angles look bad.

HEHEHEHEEHHEHEHE. I only Hel-Skied for CMH for 13 years. Plinko keep the humor mate.

Only for 13 years...no "only" required there!

Sheesh ya got 8 years on me!

Fortunately I have not had to climb the "stairway to ****" lol ....yet! <_<

Hope the winter is treatin ya well!!

Plink

Only for 13 years...no "only" required there!

Sheesh ya got 8 years on me!

Fortunately I have not had to climb the "stairway to ****" lol ....yet! <_<

Hope the winter is treatin ya well!!

Plink

The windter is going great and if things go the way I have planned they will even go better than ever. Will post something in the future to let all know what this old flip wing driver is up too.

Fly safe amigo.