A Sweet Alpine 212 Video

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya PLINKO what do you know? :D You should get a real job :D

My average for landing with private group is around 35 times a day, nothing compaired to the production guys, everyone of the private landings is a new landing on a new run, not to often you get to go back to the same run again and again where the snow has cleared off the landng. :shock:

The engineer at the end of the day still has to pry me off the seat cushion.

You guys are all right...I was just thinkin more on an individual basis..but yeah without a doubt if you total them all up for all the lodges...well over a 1000. Lets x's that by lets say 9 skiers each (to include for the smaller groups) that is roughly 9000 passengers hauled a day. Or about 440 pax per production machine..**** that is more than an A340...maybe we should make more money then our plank cousins..too bad there is no union lobbying for us! :shock:

HAHA

Plink

Firehawk.....

......do I read correctly..are you not interested in flying production cause it will be too much work????? LMAO

Oh man, try waching that video with my sterio system hooked up. It shook 2 shelves worth of books and stuff right off the rack!

I love 212's... I love all helicopters, but there's a special place for that one.

Cole B)

Hey Cole if you liked that one you should ask Firehawk for the movie he took last winter...it will bring the celing down!

Plink

Thanks for the feedback gang.

Yes I do agree that you have to be careful around clients with cameras.

Expidited turn to final... In a production atmosphere your whole day is expidited.

Does that mean you do anything unsafe, absolutely not!

The descent is with a minimum of 15% T and not allowing any overspeed.

The turn in question is on a very windy day, (hence the higher ground speed down wind) the left yaw is to keep the group in sight as long as possible.(I have had clients cross the landing pad at the last moment for various stupid reasons).

The tail low sink rate... yeah maybe I suck a little bit. that was sloppy.

This video showing up on the net is a good eye opener for all of us.

204B thanks for the advice, with your experience, I do appreciate it.

As for the intrepid aviator comment.... BITE ME !

Jiggler.