Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Show & Tell

Dear Educator and Select Members of the Media (pfft! :wacko:),

This is a rotator (cuff). When it is "on" and working properly, your arm has its full range of motion at the shoulder. When it is torn, it hurts like a sumbitch and is quite scary! ;)

Consider yourself edumacated (just for you, Bullet!); lesson over. :D

post-824-1139100782_thumb.jpg

On a side note: The Colorado National Guard recently landed on the baseball and soccer fields of a local elementary school—while the entire student body and faculty eagerly awaited the CH-47 Chinook's arrival from a safe distance on the playground. 'Twas part of the Guard's Red Ribbon "Drug Free and Proud" campaign. You couldn't have pulled those kids indoors, kickin' and screamin', if'n you wanted to; they were IN AWE. I know 'cause I was there and I was, too. Ha! :up:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Moore you are way off base here buddy. I have flown there quite a bit.

I'm pretty sure I know exactly where he landed, as I have undoubtedly landed there many times myself. It isn't exactly a "built up" area, and in fact, it is well known in the community that a helicopter lands there on occasion.

Get your facts straight before you open your yap. Pretty much common sense I would think.

RTR

I'll cut John Moore some slack here and give him some more details that may change his judgement on this incident.

So here goes John:

1) Normal place for landing a helicopter with those types of passengers onboard is the Nursing Station in Little Grand Rapids. This small community is a First Nations Reserve and do not think something like Peace River, AB

2) Passengers onboard were the a Provincial Magistrate, Crown Attorney, Defense Attorney and the Court Reporter. The landing spot by the Nursing Station being partially filled with parked vehicles, the Crown Attorney suggested the field next to the school where many helicopters have landed over the decades and where that particular Crown Attorney has also landed before.

3) The RCMP have been before and are preseently aware that heicopters use that very spot to land. They didn't before and don't now see any problem with where the pilot landed. They consider the reaction of the Principal to be exaggerated and "over the top" and have said so publicly concerning this incident.

4) Helicopters have been landing in the community safely since before you could spell helicopter or knew one end of one from the other..........so having a helicopter land in that community is a "yawner" for the populace there......including the children.

The only ones to be making a "hoopla" about this are the Principal and 3-4 other teachers who until they went to that community, thought that any area that didn't have a City Bus Stop was "isolated". To them, ANY aircraft landing ANY PLACE, but on a lake or an airport is dangerous because these are city folk that don't want to be where they are. They want to teach in the cities, but in order to get a position teaching AT ALL, have to take positions in outlying areas such as reserves. Others couldn't "buy a job" in the city because their job performances in those arenas was "less than adequate" and their contracts not re-newed. As a result you have disgruntled professionals working in a place that they don't want to work and would ***** about the time of day.

SO:

1) The pilot in question was going to land where the rest of the helicopters land most of the time, but couldn't for the stated reasons.

2) Upon ADVICE of a Crown Attorney from the Manitoba Attorney General's Department and with a Provincial Magistrate onboard, the pilot chose to land where other R/W had landed for eons before.

3) The RCMP see no problem with this and were there onsite to witness all of the proceedings as they were there to transport the officials to the Court.

I suggest that you did not have ALL the details and therefore came to a mis-judgement of what happened. I happen to know of the teachers involved because my wife is one and taught with some of them, so my statements concerning them are based on the records of a particular School Division in Winnipeg. In otherwards they ARE there and not teaching in the city for A REASON. You are not alone because the Winnipeg Free Press/Winnipeg Sun did the same thing and immediately got a "semi-erection" about this whole incident before doing their own "due diligence". So don't crap on this pilot without knowing him, his reputation or his common sense. Also have ALL the information available to you before you pass judgement on something you know little about. Lastly, NEVER infer that ALL R/W pilots do anything bad or good because you don't know me and if I should even be included in "ALL"....whether it's a good happening or a bad one. I'd also expect the same consideration and treatment for the pilot involved. So "pull back"....reload and think about all this again.

Sorry folks, but I felt the moment was "ripe" before somebody got smeared again by "half-truths" and ignorance. DGP also knows the pilot in question and we'd both fly next to or with him anyday you name.

You guys are just adding fuel to the fire, this turkey is your classic know-it-all shyte disturber, he provides absolutely nothing to the the forum except his own ingnorance and arrogance.

As stated before IGNORE THE A#$%SH*&&lE AND HE WILL HOPEFULLY GO AWAY AND GIVE THE GUYS ON "JUST HELICOPTERS" HIS INTERPRETATION OF THE FAA R&R.

Don't get sucked in.

Since we had an anatomy lesson up abouve I thought I would carry on with that.

John.......That point thing on your arm halfway between you shoulder and your wrist is called an "elbow"

That fleshy round bit at the top of your legs....thats called "your ***"

Now you have some concrete information you can comment on.

Very good, Deuce! :rolleyes: And that roundish globe positioned at center, between the shoulders and housing the brain—usually keeps one out of trouble when engaged before emitting goofy things from the orifice on the lower one-third of the face. :P Works for me anyway! (And now my work is done. Ha! :))

<_< Blackmac is right.....just ignore the clown. His type has been here before, in fact i am sure he " has" been on this site before ,under a different disguise. His posts are strictly put here to get a rise out of the members . The best reply to his posts, is "not" to even ackowledge his presence....... ;)