Show & Tell

Ok folks, breath in...breath out... repeat as many times as necessary. :)

Many members of these forums (many of whom posted their own remarks above) are prone to make broad ranging statements that are meant more to provoke than to inform (y'all know who you are ;) ). Mr Moore (aka Sysiphus I suspect) is no different. I'm sure he was giggling to himself in anticipation of the kinds of responses he'd get from the usual suspects with this... :lol:

Play on ! :up:

(Go Seahawks !)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're bad, Don! :P I already showed you my rotator. It's someone else's turn! :rolleyes:

As for Skidoo, he wasn't brown-nosin'. Had he said, "Gee, TQN. Sure was a pity them Denver Donkeys didn't even show up to their own AFC West Championship playoff game against the Steelers two weeks back. They really should be the ones in the Superbowl, not the Seasquawks." Now THAT woulda been brown-nosing. :D (Now that I think about it, he might've just been "rubbin' it in!" Gotta watch that guy!)

Anyone who saw the last two pages (and the outcome of the game) raise a hand and take a bow :punk:

I was about to comment on it when I saw it, but then I thought "May aswell gey some goggles, popcorn, and a drink and just sit back and watch"

I also brought to mind a question that I had thought about since I did my PSTAR, what is the real definition of "a built up area"? I would think highrise city street lights, high traffic (not just cars but people to boot), Etc.

Cole B)

Personally, you'll have to forgive me if I find the whole issue very funny and have a tough time taking it all very seriously.

In 1970, I could have landed with a 205 in ANY small town or village in Canada......and maybe even on the main street yet.........and before I got there and them hearing the sound of the blades 15 minutes before, the WHOLE town would have begun a shut-down for at least 1/2 hour. The only PO'd people would have been those who didn't live close to the school grounds that I landed on.

Nowadays, I better watch out how low I approach that town/village, use the appropriate "R/W routes", where are the mink and chicken farms and oh yeah...... where's the weirdo live in this town that reports ANYTHING flying over his property. When I arrrive at their airport, I will be shown some place over on the "north 40", in the grass and people will still complain about the wind and noise. How the mighty have fallen........one day you're like a movie star and the next day you're just another useless "scuzz-bucket"................UNTIL they really NEED you and then it's "land in front of the City Hall if that's better for you". :lol:

Right you are cap...depends on how badly they need you.Had to take a cbc news crew up north of Wpg one day as the flooding on one of the native reserves was quit bad...landed at the band office,in an empty parking lot...not a car there...well the cbc guys go inside to set up,and the cars start pulling into the lot.In about an hour the helicopter has been surrounded by cars and then you know who pulls in....the local RCMP..well he just about has a fit...gets out the book to throw at me....when along comes the Chief,who has a few words with said constable...then comes over and says,son if you are bringing in the news folks you can land anywhere,anytime...that was the end of that....how every after a couple more incidents just like this I have grown very shy about landing at anything but an airport :shock: :blink:<_<