Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Flight Test Thurs.

Norm

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Norm

That queasiness :blink: in your stomach will go away soon as you get

in the air.

Try to talk out loud about everything your going to do , it will help to relax you.

Don't sit over there like a mute, remember you da boss.

412 Driver , interesting point .... hmmmmm

Fly Safe

i guess it isn't mandatory, although we did have a MOT inspector that wouldn't do rides until the written was done.....

we generally have the students do the written around the 75 hour mark then we can focus solely on the flight test for the remainder of the time.....

I really wish I'd got my but in gear and done the written first. It was awful to be the only one in the group with the written to do after the ride was over. But it all worked out just the same :up: Also didn't know that some transport guys wouldn't do the ride if your test wasn't done, Interesting :unsure:

i remember on my flight test, my examiner told me he saw a moose in a big lake in front of us, when i leaned over to look he chopped the throttle for a surprise forced landing. we had just crossed the edge of the lake so my first instinct was to 180 back for the shore which i did followed by an auto along the shore with the wind 90 deg off my left. we landed and he told me he felt i should have stretched out the straight in auto across the lake to keep the wind at my nose. i explained that i didnt feel we could stretch it out that far an would end up in the drink. he simply said OK, sounds good...continue on. my point is...if you make a decision, be prepared to stand by it or at least be able to explain why you made that decision. And like someone already said, on the preflight, if you dont know an answer, at least know where to find it.

just remember your training, take your time an youll be fine. your instucters obviously feel your ready go. (leavin a c-note in his helmet visor couldnt hurt either..hehe)

Have fun and good luck to you.....

I did my flight test this afternoon and I am glad to say I did very well. I was nervous at first but I settled in about halfway through it and it wasn't so bad :up: . I have to write the written exam soon, within the next two weeks. That should be another fun one. :down:

thanks Dan