Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

For Jetbox

(clearing throat and speaking in best cliff claven imitation i can manage)

ya know, normie.. it's no longer referred to as the heimlich manouvre ever since the major training agencies chose to distance themselves from the good dr heimlich's controversial opinions on some other treatment modalities... he has since copywrited the term "heimlich manouvre" so that everytime it's in print, he gets a royalty... that's why you'll hear it referred to as the much simpler "sub-diaphramtic abdominal thrusts".... and i'm thinking TQN still doesn't want that visual!!!! :lol: (end of cliffy voice)

as a 1st aid instructor, if i had a $0.05 for everytime i've heard the hindlick joke, i'd be a very, very rich man!!! :wacko::wacko:

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...that's why you'll hear it referred to as the much simpler "sub-diaphramtic abdominal thrusts".... and i'm thinking TQN still doesn't want that visual!!!! :lol: (end of cliffy voice)

...sub-diaphramtic abdominal thrusts? Is it just me or does that sound like a fancy way of saying "barf?" :)

And to keep Mod Squad Man happy, the picture of that Astar alone doesn't necessitate the need for any sub-diaphramtic abdominal thrusts. :P

Where the heck's JB? He should be chiming in right about now. :D