Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Rumours!

Guest Bullet Remington

PT:

I was about to give ya whole get out for posting my exact likeness on the forum, but then any body that likes to quaff down Sleeman's can't be all bad! :up:

Which reminds me, I about due for my annual washing of the coveralls! Gotta get a new hat while I'm at it!

As for your statement concerning failure rates on C-Boxes, its a rather moot point. If we wanted to get really picky about it we could all do some research and find out the failure rate on (pick-an-engine-type) and then compare it to the C box failure rate. But, as I stated, from my perspective, its a moot point! One catastrophic failure of an engine OR a C box it too freakin many, period. Doesn't matter whether its on a twin, triple or single stove machine. Essentially, as I stated, anybody spouting the inherent safety variances of a multi engine machine over a single, just ain't got the data to back it up.

As for MGB failures and or C box failures, they USUALLY are checked for debris/chaffe, swarf and metal shavings after every flight. I do know for a fact that on the S61, I pulled the MGB fitler and mag plug after every flight. Have I actually seen one disintegrate? Nope, but I have pulled lock rings and gear teeth outa them, and as a consequence changed out a couple MGBs.

Per chance that is a reason for not seeing alot of them fail in flight? There may be other reasons, feel free to enlighten me! At my age, I'll take whatever I can get!!! :P

(Except 407's freakin sheep!!) :down:

I do believe my young apprentice friend from Winterpeg stated in most elequently, "Don't matter if ya got 2, of 12 engines, that C box, or MGB starts to eat itslef, your pucker factor goes off the freakin clock! And they (the engines) and you are just along for the ride". :shock:

(OK So I paraphrased!!)

Unless somebody can show me something substantial, I'll hop a ride in a single engine any day. Not only that, I'll take me young son with me. Especially, those I've worked on, and/or know the Wrenchbender that worked on it!

As I stated, everything is relative. Any component and/or machine is ONLY as good as the maintenance/overhaul etc, operating parameters that it was last subjected to!

Again, feel free to disagree with anything I've written.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BR --------"young", "apprentice", "eloquent"? I made that statement and you definitely have me confused then with someone else. What's going on with you..........got a touch of Alzeimers, sniffed too much Irish linen dope or got a "snoot-full" of too much lacquer thinner maybe? :lol::lol:

Guest Bullet Remington

Cap:

Yep to all of the above!! Butrate Dope, Captain Morgans with Sleeman chasers! :blink: And I prefer to call it Old Timers!! :lol:

I just a dumb Newfie, ain't stupid, just dumb!! :P My indirect point is; once one hits 50 everything reverses IE: Parts of one's body takes on a mind of its own and points in direction/s opposite of that desired... saggs, aches,pops snaps and on occassion, cracks. Not to mention the frequent escape of semi-poisionous gases that seems to affect everybody except the person generating it!!

PLUS, after 50, one really doesn't give a flying fugg what anybody else thinks of them!! (OK, that may just be my personal perspective!! :rolleyes: )

I'm kinda perplexed though. I figured by this time you or somebody in the know from over that area, would have some up-date on that S61 thingy involving CCC a division of AFFB!! :P

BR -------first you have to tell me what "CCC" and "AFFB" stand for. As far as I know all that kinda thing gets done usually by Bristol Aerospace. I suppose that it could be done by someone out of Southport in Portage, but I'm not "up to speed" at all anymore on the goings-on at that place. I also believe that you'd find that Bristol is "up to their armpits" in upgrading the F-18's for the CAF and should be very busy boys right now.

Guest Bullet Remington

Cap:

Must've been one heck of a week!! Figured fer sure that you of all people would get that one!! CCC = Cap's Copter Choppers, a division of Anything For a Fuggin Buck!! :lol::lol:

You heard anything about the son, from the Father, Son and Holy Ghost looking to set up another operation (Fixed wing) after that outfit he was running in Thompson went down the tubes??

Was that a recently bankrupted company HQ'd in Winnipeg and a Base in Thompson that you are asking about? It's been **** "ugly" around these parts this winter and I'm finding it hard to tell the players anymore without an up-to-date Program. It has given MoT investigators "job security" and that's for sure. Nobody has gone to prison yet and I'm trying to figure out how that can be with all the "creative accounting", "creative maintenance records" and "creative Journey Logs" that have been reported.

Guest Bullet Remington

Cap:

That would be the one!!

Don't have to tell me how bad it was, I worked there for 9 months! During that period, I never left the hanger for 21 days, with less than 18 hrs in, trying to correct the paperwork, history, parts traceability, and the workscope procedures.

About a week PRIOR to the whole bucket hitting the fan, TC came in and ORDERED a DOM replacement OR they were pulling the AMO and OC. I was the unfortunate idiot that was pushed into the position. Three weeks after, TC came in, did a 7 day audit and everything was peachy. I took a week off, went down to Winterpeg, came back to find the old DOM as Production manager, and a new DOM without quailification on the turbine machines! AND, The new DOM had signed off an inspection interval extension, WITHOUT ever having the machine checked, AWD compliance checked! The machine was in Rankin, the New DOM was in Thompson and he didn't hold approval for the sign-off!! It was at this stage that I photocopied the page, called Rankin and grounded the machine, submitted my notice, faxed Transport and walked away from Thompson!

Amazingly enough, the Old DOM, previously fired/ordered out by TC was the same DOM there when the company went down the tubes!!

Too bad though, they were provided with a truckload of opportunities to repair/correct their FU's, yet for some reason they remained intent on pursuing a completely illogical and illegal avenue!!

When that other Banerantie went down in Lttle Grand, I figured for sure it belonged to them!

That one's a different story altogahter, I am very, very familiar with that company, its maintenance practices, the reasoning for the lost of the Bandit, and ultimately the reason that company went down the tubes as well!

Man, there's alot of questionable people getting away with a loot of crap for alot of time!!

As for the one in Thompson. i do feel disappointed for the Son. he wasn't have bad too me. He did receive a heck of alot of very very bad guidance though.

Hey PT, T-Rex, check out my new avatar, thats me getting all buffed and puffed for my trip to Daytona bike week, only nine days to go before we leave. Hey needles splits, I have some questions to ask you, pm me your personal web address will you.

PS PT I will try and post some of my Daytona pics on this web site but the moderator my just have to delete them ha ha.

SOB

post-494-1140725053_thumb.gif