Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Over/under Powered ?

I have a lot of time in a 206L on floats - at low altitudes ( being a flatlander and all)

If you flew it by the numbers it was not too bad the L-1 was better.

A G-2 on floats was a ground based simulator with myself and a certain instructor called "Outo Al" :D

As the RedDawg said anything at + 50 + 55 was a lazy dawg. :wacko:

Landed an IFR equiped 212 with tired - 3s @ 8000 ft + 24 - no wind - ( 10800 DA) now that was unfun. When I got back some said :'How was yer flight?' My reply:"Topping old Chap! Just topping!!"

All you guys who regularily fly in mountains for a living got my respect. Silly ******** all of you! :up:

If only we had a terrain avoidance system...work would be so much safer!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If only we had a terrain avoidance system...work would be so much safer!

Sorry Plinko but I do not understand that comment. Is it a failed attempt at humour? Did "we" ever work together? Did I intimate that flying the 47 G-2, 206L, 206L1 on floats or 212 with -3s in the hills was unsafe? Did I state that some of them did or did not have a terrain avoidance system? Have you, perhaps, mistaken this thread for another?