Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Retired Flip Wing Pilot

We've met eons ago ken, but I can't remember where and I'm sure that you've said that before yourself to others. Just make sure that you STAY retired because YOU may want to be retired, but SOMETIMES others don't want you to be and the phone rings with a " how about doing a little one 2 week job for us just to fill-in because we need the experience and know you can do the job". So train the wife to answer the phone and say "he ain't here. I killed him and ate him, so you're outta luck....sorry 'bout that" :lol::lol:. Look-out too because a lotta retired guys are busier AFTER they retire than they were during their whole career.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations and Happy Retirement, Ken and Missus W!

SO happy for you both! I have no doubt that that was not an easy decision! :rolleyes: All best wishes for the success of your new B & B! With hopes, too, that the characters who visit your fine establishment are atleast one-half as colorful as those you've worked with! :D

And don't be a stranger; you've much great insight and experience to pass along to these guys and gals! Happy Trails to you both, 204B! :up: -TQN/Mj from Old Denver :)

All the best,

Cap pretty much summed it up with his post. Enjoy the good life. Hang onto a jar of Jet A so if you get lonely for the job you can dab a little on your wrists to remind you of it. :D

Next time we pass through, hopefully soon, we will divert up to see you in New Denver.

RH

Guest Bullet Remington

Ken:

Way to go!! A pub and a place to sleep!! That's living the fine life!! :up:

Sorry I didn't get a chance to get together with you and tip a couple of Giggly Pops when i was out in kelowna, a couple of years back.

I'm assumming that you Missus used to work at the facility I was visiting in Kelowna at the time? Genie Lift? Must be all of 90 lbs soaking wet!!

Since I'm about to be looking for something to do in the next couple of months, you wouldn't be looking for an official Brewski taster there would ya? I don't need to kknow righ away, if everything goes right here, I'll be working for the Calgary Salvation Army Temperance League. I applied for the job of "Bad Example." :lol::lol:

All the best to you Ken. Hope the business is good for you and the Missus, y'all stay healthy, happy and live a long, long time! :up:

Don't be shy, hang around here, there's always something entertaining going on!! ;)

BR