Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Converted 212

thekingshead

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one eagle is making has the -17 engine...looks just like the 205 with 212 airframe...the dynacor company makes the one with the exhaust coming out the top,only they have made a new cowling that looks like the 212 cowling...the air going in comes in at the top front of the cowl and you don't see the exhaust till it comes out the back end...looks a lot better than before...looks just like the 212 only with one pipe coming out the back end....nice pratt motor that make 1800 horses :shock: :up:

I'm wondering why everybody is calling the so-called new single engine 212 something new.

What world do you guys live in ???

You can't downgrade a 212 to a single engine and still call it a 212, I do beleive the FAA certification process would have to change.

You can take a 212 airframe and rebuild it into a 205 with all components of the 212 and a single engine and it still remains a 205 for certification purposes.

Cheers, Don

Blackmac,

Eagle is doing just that, working towards certification of the 212 as a single-engine machine called the Eagle Single, not the 212. They expect the STC by mid-year if everything goes as planned.

There was lots of interest at HAI in this hybrid 212, 205 or whatever you want to call it, and rightly so.

Mike

Blackmac,

Eagle is doing just that, working towards certification of the 212 as a single-engine machine called the Eagle Single, not the 212. They expect the STC by mid-year if everything goes as planned.

There was lots of interest at HAI in this hybrid 212, 205 or whatever you want to call it, and rightly so.

Mike

Not to be a naysayer, what is the difference between a 205-A1 airframe, 212 tail boom, 212 xmsn and rotor system, with a -17 engine??????

It seems to me a lot of hoopla for something that already exists.

I do beleive Frontier already went thru that process.

Cheers, Don

PS: STC's are only required, I beleive, when up-grading an existing airframe, or improving an existing FAA approved design.