Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lakelse Air

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too true, TT, too true! :punk:

No offence taken TQN, But most everyone here has been hurt by a loss in a helicopter, no matter what type. It hurts just as bad be they family or friend. :( I know I've been in both seats. As for the blade crack thing we've seen more MD blades crack than PMA. It's all about the FC. (fatigue cycle) The harder you fly ‘em the more they crack. :hide:

500's are fun to fly, and fly in....but they are inherently dangerous because of many moving parts. Its true that they are crash-worthy, but they have many parts that are just not stout enough. The little bit of time i have working on them never once instilled any confidence in the design. its definitely not maintenence-friendly and that leads to things being left up to human nature. too may dangers hidden due to poor maintenance. Quantum's recent trouble are testiment to what I mean. Not laying blame on anyone, but poor Phil paid the price.

Bad blades, tail rotors, and other bits have made me swear off ever working on them ever again

No need to apologise, TQN...you're entitled to your feelings and beliefs like anyone else.

500's are fun to fly, and fly in....but they are inherently dangerous because of many moving parts. Its true that they are crash-worthy, but they have many parts that are just not stout enough. The little bit of time i have working on them never once instilled any confidence in the design. its definitely not maintenence-friendly and that leads to things being left up to human nature. too may dangers hidden due to poor maintenance. Quantum's recent trouble are testiment to what I mean. Not laying blame on anyone, but poor Phil paid the price.

Bad blades, tail rotors, and other bits have made me swear off ever working on them ever again

No need to apologise, TQN...you're entitled to your feelings and beliefs like anyone else.

Phil says hello to everyone, he is coming along but going back to the operating table in a couple of days again!