Lakelse Air

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Phil says hello to everyone, he is coming along but going back to the operating table in a couple of days again!

Almost didn't see that li'l update in there! :) Without prying too much, Choppermike, I trust Phil's a daddy now, too? I believe there was a baby on the way in January or February? And for those of you who might not know of Mr. Phil's plight, see the link below. We'll keep sendin' our prayers and good vibes to Phil and family as he continues to fight the good fight! Best of luck and rapid recovery on upcoming surgery!

http://www.verticalmag.com/community/index...wtopic=2805&hl=

Almost didn't see that li'l update in there! :) Without prying too much, Choppermike, I trust Phil's a daddy now, too? I believe there was a baby on the way in January or February? And for those of you who might not know of Mr. Phil's plight, see the link below. We'll keep sendin' our prayers and good vibes to Phil and family as he continues to fight the good fight! Best of luck and rapid recovery on upcoming surgery!

http://www.verticalmag.com/community/index...wtopic=2805&hl=

Yes he is a dad now ,they had a little girl. He gets to leave the hospital for a few hours to spend time with the little one, but still in the hospital.

CM

For all the people that have comments about the Hughes 500 series helicopter.

Viking Helicopters fleet was based primarily on the 500, operated over a hundred of them and were quite successful with them.

Maintenace wise, with manufacturer parts, were no different than any other helicopter.

If you got your parts from Dubjeck in California, it was another story.

Along with another pilot that went on to own his own company called Helimax, we were both high time pilots on the 500 with 7000 + hours with little or no difficulty.

We even flew them in James Bay for TQH in 71.

As far as scary stories go here's another one Jet Danger 206B (RBR).

I had been flying this machine for Viking when I got a call to bring it back to the hangar for a AD on the M/R blade pins, anybody remember.

Myself and another engineer (RL) ex 108 squadron (french accent) took the head off and lowered the blades onto a stand. We proceeded to take one blade off with no difficulty, I TOOK THE BLADE PIN AND BROKE IT IN TWO PIECES WITH MY BARE HANDS.

The second blades we used a large hammer and punch to try and remove the blade pin, we finally shattered the pin.

Not only did we have to replace the pins, we replaced both grips.

Cheers, Don

PS: Really tightens up the you know what.

Yes he is a dad now ,they had a little girl. He gets to leave the hospital for a few hours to spend time with the little one, but still in the hospital.

CM

Yippee! That li'l ray o' sunshine, Daddy's Girl, will speed recovery! Much happiness for them all! :up:

We even flew them in James Bay for TQH in 71.

:huh: You sandbagger you. :rolleyes: Didn't know that! (I fully intend to drag more James Bay stories outta all of ya! :P)

i'll add my two cents worth...

all aircraft are potential killers. what stops them from being potential killers are dilligence and attitude. Pay attention to your aircraft, and learn your aircraft, love your aircraft. Yes some aircraft like the 500 don't seem to be made for ease of maintenance, and others are. The point is, everyone seems to know these downfalls, yet it's no excuse for them being less than perfect when it comes to maintaining them. So what if it's a tight spot and hard to see or requires constant care....deal with it, thats your job.

Helicopters are like dogs that fly. Treat them right and they will be your best friend. Beat them and abuse them and it's a matter of time till they bite you in the ***! ( especially with a 500) Both accidents referred to in this thread happened for the same reason

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angry Egg Driver

I've heard differing reports on what happened there.I hope that it was a mech because no pilot needs that hanging over their head.