Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Lakelse Air

I hope that it was a mech because no pilot needs that hanging over their head.

Yeah, Nice one, !

Care to elaborate on exactly what you DID mean by that!

Seems to me it's comments like that which keep a "them V's us" environment, when we are all supposed to batting for the same side.

I hope you weren't saying that it was OK for the Mech to be responsible but never the pilot !

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Angry Egg Driver

Mech = mechanical.........Never said that it was okay if the engineer screwed up.Just that if it was an "act of God" that maybe it might make the "pilot or engineer" feel a little better.And there is definately no us/them attitide here anyone that has worked with me can verify

;) And to further clarify things I don't think that it was okay if it was an "act of God" either.

Mech = mechanical.........Never said that it was okay if the engineer screwed up.Just that if it was an "act of God" that maybe it might make the "pilot or engineer" feel a little better.

I can assure you that no 'mechanical failure / act of God' makes an engineer feel even the smallest bit better. The speculation destroys our reputation just as badly as a blade strike hurts a pilot's. A pilot makes a mistake, has an accident and as long as he's not badly hurt, carries on. An engineer makes a mistake and he's a sh**y engineer. :boff: never to sleep thru the night again second guessing himself. And no it's not an 'us against them' post just reality. :(

Ya I can vouch for that. I have a couple to my credit. Its just when you see some guys hot dogging and you want to warn them for their own adn others good; but your the one that gets screwed in the end just because the guy might be the companies golden boy! I just hope that he learned something from this. Apparently it was one of those widow makers a dead sticker. The grey ones that blend into the background.

Just another note: There are those that have had accidents nad there are those that will have accidents. Not a single pilot or engineer on this forum are immune.

Every time that you strap on to a helicopter there are numerous occasions that the setup for an incident or accident is taking place. As long as you recognise those links and break them you will eliviate potential tragedies.

• 2 weeks later...
Like they say love is blind. Well James, I guess Kevin finally wrote one off for Ian!

Love is blind???? I am curious as to whom you think is a proffessional outfit. I have worked for a few and have found that all have their strengths and weaknesses. Even the self proffessed cream of the crop have had their share of problems.hmmmm Who had two 212 blade strikes and a damaged 206 this ski season????? The potential human loss and financial cost is huge. So to say love is blind sounds silly to me. Maybe try opening your eyes and see things for what they are. It was an accident. Thats that...