Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Farwest Crash Stave Lake

How about you just hang on a sec Mr. Sharkbait, obviously in this case the pilot didn't think in the first place and now neither are you.

If you are so "experienced", you should already know that there's not much to operating a radar altimeter, and all but the top-of-the-line Terra units accurately depict altitudes between about 50 feet and 2,500 feet agl. Units employing only one antenna generally cannot accurately give altitude information below about 50 feet.

Moreover, with your vast experience and time on various types you should have some idea of what "glassy water" is by now, and how low you will be by the time the ripples begin to form. I guarantee you the water will have ripples long before you hit, and if you are not aware of these simple basics, then I have no doubt you too will become sharkbait before long.

My experience? I can tell you this, if I would have been at the controls that woman would be alive today.

May I inquire as to where you were able to find a Helmut large enough to fit your profile?

Cruel? (How do you think the mother of the pax felt)