Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

How Silly Are We?

BlackMack

"what a union will do with all certainty is force companies to pay better wages in direct relation to the cost fo living and thereby the indirect reaction will be an increase of tarrifs."

ya..that'l be great when all the smaller companies simply close their doors and put all their pilots and AME's out of work to start a new non-union company 2 weeks later. Unions will not happen at our companies during our lifetime. Unions are great for the lazys at Ford and GM where they have nothing to lose. And, before you say it, they are paid great..but they are also polishing hoods of cars not flying a helicopter.

Sorry for the rant, union issues in past. Never want to be a part of something that takes your voice away and dictates your duties.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back to the original topic I would especially like to hear from the few who never post on this web site. I see we have had nearly 500 viewings of this topic and only 11 posts. And of those posts we have once again spiraled into the Unions debate. Its nice to see the usual faces on here but there has to be some other educted opinions out there.

Does everyone see our industry as being a healthy one in Canada. Especially when compared to the overseas market? Dont get me wrong I love the work we do and where we do it. I just think there is plenty of room for improvement.

I guess only 'like-minded' individuals are supposed to post an opinion on this thread?

Back to the original topic, there is a great demand for pilots and AME's right now, and from what I see, a shortage of qualified personnel for the coming season.

The only way for companies to attract new employees and to retain their current staffing levels is to increase salary rates.

I see this happening in the industry right now.

Supply and demand is working to the employee's advantage.

Back to the original topic, there is a great demand for pilots and AME's right now, and from what I see, a shortage of qualified personnel for the coming season.

The only way for companies to attract new employees and to retain their current staffing levels is to increase salary rates.

I see this happening in the industry right now.

Supply and demand is working to the employee's advantage.

I've heard the same. Qualified AMEs and pilots are harder to come by. Companies are starting to have to shell out more to retain the employees they have.

I sure as **** hope the trend continues. It is waayyy overdue.

Okie dokie ! Biggs is back and not too happy with what she's reading ! Now ya'll gotta understand that I may be premenopausal (thats very much like a wild card with a loaded gun in hand), I've got 4 wee pre-teenage attitudes - attituding me, and a set of wonderful getting on with age parents forever giving me the endless guilt trips on how I'm not DOING WHAT I'M SUPPOSE TO !!! which explains that I won't give a rats arse 'bout what some will reply to my post! However I will try to be fair but that also has proven to be quite the butt biter !

First off, topic title is How Silly are We ? Well right now I think many are and in probable need of medical attention (white jackets are good - size 6 for me)! Secondly, I noticed that someone mentions the quadrillion views vs 11 replies. Well again speaking for myself, its probably because like I, many, have read, and re-read and read over again, logged off and on and off, and repeated steps 1 and 2 several times because of total disbelief of what was read.

I may be wrong (it wouldn't be the first time) that us true die hard, thru and thru, in our blood, aviation fanatics that live and breath helis, go to bed dreaming about'm and seeing'm in our coffee cups in the morning, feel that unions are nothing but trouble. They promise with incredible conviction that they will better the industry, the work conditions etc ... however, perhaps true in other fields, I don't believe for one second that they can better the commercial/utility etc helicopter industry. I don't believe for one goddang minute that their motives are honest, I think more self serving. Now undo them knots in your undies ! I accept (who cares if I don't anyways) that people are entitled to different opinions and views. That doesn't make them rebels or shallow minded fellow aviators. BUT BUT BUT (cuz there's always a "butt" somewhere) when the scuds start flying around without even a miniscule consideration of who they are attacking, his/her experiences etc ... I have to get off my rocker and ***** slap a few of you's!

The association that Mr Blackmac attempted to get off ground wasn't nearly taken as seriously as it should. Also, at that time, there were some purty nasty players (in fact somewhat similar to what I'm seeing again) which a the end of the day doesn't do squat for getting this association moving. Perhaps timing wasn't the best, perhaps too many doubtful, whatever the reason it does not deserve to be drilled into the ground as so.

As for improvement, yep ! always room for that, perfection and a perfect world does not exist because nobody in it IS! And Canada, yeah I'll say, some smartening up is long time overdue! My theory and I'm stickin to it!

As for negativity well, the kids are to bed so I can say IT SUCKS HUGE! A flippin waste of time, belly frickin aching gets you nowhere and its just a plain drag all around.

I don't mean to ruffle feathers, but on any giving day I will stick my neck out for what I believe in but moreso for my favorite comrades whom I respect . Yeah yeah yeah, get over it I do have favorites ! Like-minded folks whether they support or not their views, still stand and stick together - thats the beauty in this industry and the fun part is that it annoys the **** of those that don't share that trait. Respect doesn't mean that you have to agree it means frickin behave yourselves and widen that dang tunnel vision!

Ok, I feel better, off to my cave :blink:

Blackmac: breaky time has arrived. Sharkbait: tummy rumbling and incredibly thirsty! TQN: how in the heck are you ?! 67 november: I've been stupid busy ...

Now off to snoop at whatever other posts that require some re-alignment .