Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

How Silly Are We?

:shock: Ha! My kind of people! We don't need no stinkin' glasses! :up: And you just gotta love a guy who parks a funny li'l speed buggie beneath the tailboom of a 206. Just how silly are we?! :P

(FF: I totally gave up on contract charter-rate comparisons. They're absolutely all over the place! :wacko: But I tried! :rolleyes:)

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree, pay is way too low in Canada. An experienced driver in Canada should easily be in the range of 130-160 K. But we are ruled by supply and demand of course, too many helicopters in this country!

I agree for sure. Now is that for fulltime or contract. Is that 4 and 2 or 2 and 2. All of which increase the costs.. Is that flying 300 hrs a year or flying 1000 hrs/ year.

Most operators (not all for sure) are willing to pay good wages for work performed I think where the problem lies is there is alot of people out there that want to get paid big wages and don't produce or like this forum cpmplain all the time.

160 K per year for flying a Astar 1000hrs per year I don't think any operator would baulk at that.. You have to work alot of hours to fly that 1000 hrs though.

Rates do have to go up and they are slowly rising!!! Takes time since they have been so low for a long time.. Being the devils advocate here just something to think about and spark more ideas.