Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

HELICOPTER SEASON GETTING BETTER

Hey Guys,

Things on the fire front in Northern Ontario are movin'' pretty good out this way.  The N/W fire region is on a Full Fire Ban and travel on some roads is limited as are bush operations.

The A/P at YMG & YSP look like an HAI convention with everthing from 2x6''s to 61''s along with 415''s.  I even saw a 369 on the ramp YSP next to Silverline''s AS350.

We got em all in this neck of the woods

There are approx 6 fires burning within a 60 mile radius of YMG is my understanding.  1 in particular (Wawa 13) has been doubling in size everyday since last weekend.

If any of you guys will be passing through, I live in YSP, work in YTJ and would be more than willing to hookup with you for a cool one.  Just drop me a PM.

Cheers and play safe.  The skies are pretty busy out here.

R

The helicopter industry survives on disasters....yell FIRE or FLOOD or any number of other natural or man-made catastrophes, and the sky darkens with transient Helicopters...What a life

The CIFFC.CA website says that 2 heavies are hired in ONT, anyone know what type and who is operating them?

Rumor has it that there is 1 possibly 2 61''s in YMG.  I cant confirm as I havent had the chance to get up there.  Maybe on the w/e.  Lots of mediums around though.  Even a very nice Yellow & White one.......great paint job and kept extremely clean when I saw it the other day.

I might head up to YMG on the W/E so I''ll let you know who''s who in the zoo up there.

Cheers

R

T5,

Sorry Bud,  I was going by the airport at a high rate of speed as my commute is done in a police cruiser.  It looked like it said  Silver.....something or other the side.  I assumed it might be Silverline.  Silver and Burgandy ship parked right next to a 369.

My mistake......not too sure who it was.

Cheers

R

BTW.....started pouring rain here yesterday with lots of lightning and thunder..

Hey 407 capital D

I''ve been semi-successful at tracking down a few machines around the continent thanks. Honest, it ain''t for me! Of course a finders fee may come in the form of more work for me though.

I perused the photo gallery and saw a lovely image of a greyhaired old guy doin'' his thing. I believe the photo was sent in by some photographer named "Watermelon". Must have been just before he had enough and put down his camera to take care of a little business

Catcha later