Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Why Kites...

No new ride yet 407....supposed to be late August. Ottawa decided they wanted to hang a few more things off it so that may delay delivery to us. Kinda happy it''s happening that way actually...been stressful enough lately selling and buying a house and the movers will be at our doors in 2 weeks. After that look out, learn to fly again!!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BA/RP: Good answers, you win, and I will not make this mistake again!!!

LR: Reflections, Legends or Jungle Jims, Your choice, Should I bring my KITE?

Oh and by the way, I think RDM already know the numbers of the towing companies

RDM: Did you catch on to the Invitation to share some chikenflippers here in YQX, to talk about my dependency on glue?

To all:

Where is the place I can get the cheapest ASTAR endorsement (Deadly serious there!)

Winnie

Sorry to disagree with you now. It wasn't a good answer as you say because after I posted it  I found out that the John Glenn Research Centre of  NASA, yes the National Space Administration, the same one that sent men to the moon, deals with the subject and very well, so I just changed my mind  9.gif9.gif9.gif

Just don't forget to click on forces, lift, weight, drag and control line. Its all there. If I knew about this link I could have saved a lot of time trying to explain this with my third rate English. Providing these links would have done it !  9.gif

Beginners guide to kites

Forces on a Kite

Kite lift equations

Determining Kite Weight

Kite drag equations

Kite Geometry

Control line

Kites

Aerodynamic of kites

Centre of pressure

Kite balance and stability

How about that ? Kite flying is a more serious subject then what I thought.   3.gif

Winnie I think that you should look for a good endorcement. Even if you''re paying for it out of your pocket ( I hope that you''re not), it will be worth it. Learn it right the first time, trust me.

I have the feeling that you''re in the East, so I have no good contacts that I can think of. If you ever come out west I''d give you the endorcement myself, and you could leave the boxtops at home.