Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

As350b2 Sling

Guest JeffyG
its been a while since Ive worked a b2 - does a 2300 lb. drill piece sound like a workable load? below 1000 feet and cool temps. thanks for the advice

yup it'll go

Well, lets do the math.

A B2 weighs in around 2900 lbs empty. (2850 or so, allow a few extra lbs for whatever). For your B2 you should already know its empty weight.

Gross weight external of 5500 lbs.

Gives you 2600 lbs to play with.

you weigh??? lets say 180'lbs.

You want to move a 2300 lb drill.

Leaves you 120lbs for fuel. (which puts you below minimum fuel for an astar. IE your low fuel light is probably already on, and you haven't gone anywhere yet).

Each 10% of fuel on your guage is approximately 100lbs of fuel.

I have seen B2's down around 2700-2800 lbs empty though. Even then you don't have much fuel left to make the move.

2300 lbs is pushing it with a B2.

Just my and Aristotles opinions though.

cheers,

RTR

jeffy g yep it will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If yas doing that all the time,glad your not driving one of my rides.. and if ya are your fired............ :shock:

Mini...

jeffy g yep it will go!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If yas doing that all the time,glad your not driving one of my rides.. and if ya are your fired............ :shock:

Mini...

I concur with you MINI. I don't understand what the compulsion is to exceed flight manual performance, I have seen too many airframes beat to **** by continually overworking them. I realize there is a lot of pressure from customers (and sometimes peers & management) to lift more, do the job faster etc. but we are being paid for flight manual performance and nothing more. Between the increased maintenance costs and lost revenue and pay (last I checked we still get paid by the hour) it makes no sense to me. The devious part of me wants to put an electric "tickler" in the pilot seat - as you approach max Tq you get one audio warning, when max Tq is exceeded, the juice is applied, the more the overtorque, the more the juice ;) Maybe we need to use some telemetry to apply the same juice to the marketing types who often put us into situations where we are the ones backpedaling with the customer because we can't realistically do what has been promised. Imagine the joy if they had several ships transmitting the joy at once :up: :up: :up:

Cheers