Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Globalstars

T-rex

Do any of you have the Globalstar car kit installed in your aircraft? (AS350) Is there an actual STC for this install? I know this is a very popular Sat phone, and have seen it installed, but just don't know who has this!

Let me know! Thanks!

Do any of you have the Globalstar car kit installed in your aircraft? (AS350) Is there an actual STC for this install? I know this is a very popular Sat phone, and have seen it installed, but just don't know who has this!

Not the car kit T-rex, but have you seen?... NAT STX100 (<-- link) & STC HERE

"Approvals:

- Transport Canada and U.S. FAA STC's

- Industry Canada: 993B-STX100

- Compliance to FCC Part 15

- Compliance to FCC Part 25"

...and... P145 Geneva Satellite Telephone Kit (<-- link)

There is nothing on NICO regarding the NAT installation of the Globalstar Satcom System in the AS 350. The listed STC's as pointed out above are for select fixed wing aircraft.

I am still awaiting information from NAT regarding a STC for the 350.

Now are STC's that expensive? Geneva want $5000USD for the STC. Everything else you must supply and we have it already, the phone and the car kits, except the AMU (Audio matching unit) and paperwork!

I have emailed Atlantic Avionics Inc, the web shows them having an STC for helicopters. I have not heard back from them yet! Hope they have better pricing!

This all relates to the AFF (auto flight following) installs. I have found two affordable systems in canada that use Globalstar network. One is $700 Cdn and the other is $2100 Cdn! I am trying to go the extra mile to hook up our Sat tels as well so we can have voice too!

Got a reply from NAT, they don't have an STC for the installation on any helicopter. Does the $5000 from Geneva include the STC certification and the parts for the installation? I also looked at Blue Sky Sat Tracking (US) and they only have FAA 337 Field Approvals for the installation on the AS 350 (plus a few more heli types) which are not approved in Canada.

Now are STC's that expensive? Geneva want $5000USD for the STC. Everything else you must supply and we have it already, the phone and the car kits, except the AMU (Audio matching unit) and paperwork!

I have emailed Atlantic Avionics Inc, the web shows them having an STC for helicopters. I have not heard back from them yet! Hope they have better pricing!

Atlantic Avionics has an STC to install a Globalstar into a 212 - about $8,000.00, I believe the Astar install is similar. If you do any arctic work you'll be disappointed in the Globalstar, those operations require an Iridium based system.