What Flight School Did You Get Your Licence At?

Helijason

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I trained at BC Helicopters with Rob Dyck in 2005. I did an R-22 endorsement (and recurrent) with Gregg Sanders at Tech Helicopters and have also done a bit of training with both Jim Hoffland and Marty Charbonneau through work. I would think that you would still be able to write off a commercial license, even if it's not from an accredited school. But you need to have all the money to do the training without any government student loans/grants. When I trained there were only 3 schools in BC that were accredited.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest plumber
I trained at BC Helicopters with Rob Dyck in 2005. I did an R-22 endorsement (and recurrent) with Gregg Sanders at Tech Helicopters and have also done a bit of training with both Jim Hoffland and Marty Charbonneau through work. I would think that you would still be able to write off a commercial license, even if it's not from an accredited school. But you need to have all the money to do the training without any government student loans/grants. When I trained there were only 3 schools in BC that were accredited.

Your right Becky, Accredited does'nt mean crap when it comes too writing off training.

If you can prove you are training towards a career its a write off. They never look anyway.

The school need to be able to issue a form known as TL-11B.

In the two (I think that is all as of now) provinces (BC and ON)and that REQUIRE you to be accredited, you HAVE to be accredited to issue this form.

Everywhere else, you just need to be a TC approved Flight Training Unit to issue this form.

There is no other way to claim the "tuition" from Revenue Canada.

Cheers

H.

Currently doing my training at Rotorworks In Whitecourt Alberta. Instructors are Jim Hoffland and Ryan Cluff. Both are vary good and fun to fly with. Training is on the r22 and 44. Having the time of my life, nervous about the future job hunt.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...