What Flight School Did You Get Your Licence At?

Helijason

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ranger Helicopters back in SSM in ont. back in the mid 80`s instructors were Dennis Venturi and Rick KIrkwood, r22 and bh06 lol time of my life ,

thanks for the licence to learn guys, I still remember alot ,,, over 12000 hrs and still around . and still enjoy the flying parts of the job , the rest is alot of bull from paper pushers and guys that never been in the bush . too bad .

BHTU with Jim Grant, which isn't likely to mean anything to anyone on here.

Forgot - slinging with Bob Taylor at VIH, mountains with Bud Tillotson at Okanagan. A few of you will no doubt remember those names.

Jim Grant, incidentally, sold for Bell after he retired from the military. Sadly, he died of throat cancer earlier this year.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I did my training at Red Eagle aviation in Kalsipell montana. I live in Calgary and drove. The experience was incredible! Got my FAA private and am on to my commercial. They have just opended a school at springbank in Calgary. The instructors are awesome and the chief is the author of the advanced mouintain flying techniques book. They are flying the 300 CBI's 300 C, 206 B3 and MD 500 D. The prices are way cheaper - the training is outstanding. Also, with the FAA you get 150hrs and an IFR rating for less that the price of the standard 100hrs. And when you are done you can rent the helicopter cheap and stay current without haveing to enrole in a course. You really should check them out!

www.redeagleaviation.com

I did my training at Red Eagle aviation in Kalsipell montana. I live in Calgary and drove. The experience was incredible! Got my FAA private and am on to my commercial. They have just opended a school at springbank in Calgary. The instructors are awesome and the chief is the author of the advanced mouintain flying techniques book. They are flying the 300 CBI's 300 C, 206 B3 and MD 500 D. The prices are way cheaper - the training is outstanding. Also, with the FAA you get 150hrs and an IFR rating for less that the price of the standard 100hrs. And when you are done you can rent the helicopter cheap and stay current without haveing to enrole in a course. You really should check them out!

www.redeagleaviation.com

Be Aware, The SOLO requirements may not be able to be met with an FAA student pilot permit.

PIC and Solo are two very different things according to TC. Anybody thinking of doing this better do there homework.

www.redeagleaviation.com

If that's not a sales pitch.....

www.redeagleaviation.com

F*@k Buddy, loose the sales pitch :down:

I find it interesting that all of the posts recommending Red Eagle come from brand new members, although I also got busted for trying to find out anonyms thoughts on my new school 5 years ago. For Red Eagle I hope the old adage is true,”it doesn't matter what they are saying about you as long as they are talking about you”.

rob ;)

• 1 month later...