Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

More Helmet Questions

I contacted flighthelmet.com sometime ago about upgrading my strap type suspension in my SPH-4. They had a new styro liner and TPL for $85.00+shipping at the time (american money). They also said due to my head size and helmet size I may have to take out all the bubble material from the TPL. Has anyone else had to do this to have a comfortable fit? As well has anyone here purchased items from flighthelmet.com and if so how long did shipping take, was it good service etc...

Oregan Aero adverises the zetaliner for $97.00. I am wondering if to install this the helmet must have a TPL type liner or is it just velcroed to the origional styo liner in the helmet?

Thanks for the help, Dan

I contacted flighthelmet.com sometime ago about upgrading my strap type suspension in my SPH-4. They had a new styro liner and TPL for $85.00+shipping at the time (american money). They also said due to my head size and helmet size I may have to take out all the bubble material from the TPL. Has anyone else had to do this to have a comfortable fit? As well has anyone here purchased items from flighthelmet.com and if so how long did shipping take, was it good service etc...

Oregan Aero adverises the zetaliner for $97.00. I am wondering if to install this the helmet must have a TPL type liner or is it just velcroed to the origional styo liner in the helmet?

Thanks for the help, Dan

Cant help ya there , Ive got a alpha.

Norm,

I removed the TPL liner out of my SPH-5 helmet and put in the Zetaliner and SoftSeal/Hushkit combo from Oregon Aero. I have been very happy with it. The helmet is a lot more comfortable and the softseal/hushkit cuts down on a lot of noise. I found that after I installed the kit I had to turn down the volumes on the radios.

The only downside to it is when the helmet is cold. The liner and ear seals can be quite stiff when you first put the helmet on but quickly soften up from the warmth of your head.

I am also looking at removing the TPL liner from my HGU-84 and trying Gentex's new X liner.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

NG

The ZetaLiner just attached to the styro liner in my SPH-5 with velcro.

Hey NG Limited

That soft seal/hush kit from oregon Aero!!!

is it something you can install yourself ,or does it have to be done by a tech ????

and is it worth the money???

thanx in advance

49 Merc

49 Merc,

I installed the kit myself, it was quite simple. Yes I believe it is worth the money, I have been very happy with it.

I found I had to turn down the radio volumes a bit as the kit increases the noise attenuation of the helmet. The leather covered ear seals are quite soft (especially after they warm up) and are more confortable than the standard gentex seals. You will notice a big difference if you wear sunglasses or prescription eyewear. I would definately buy this kit again for my SPH-5.

Cheers!

NG