Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Sale Of Great Slave Helicopters

:down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: :down: I just read in a news article about Discovery Helicopters having in principle, going to purchase Great Slave Helicopters. The article stated that Discovery Heli. was London, Ontario based. I looked up in Helicopters Magazine and the only Discovery Heli. I saw was based in Atlin, BC. Anyone know what's going on? If this is true, what a bummer, man!!! I'm going up to Yellowknife shortly and this is news to me. Anyone out there with any info on this?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hover Lover -------it's "Discovery AIR Inc"........not "Discovery HELICOPTERS". They trade on the TSX Venture Exchange and you'll find them there. There's that "Discovery", plus the one you mentioned and still another one that owns and leases-out R/W quietly and is TO based.

It is apparently a reverse take over in that the current GSHL owners will be in charge of the new company. Shares will be offered to employees I gather - at some point. GSHL must be gearing up for growth, which is the reason most companies list - to raise cash. As for the operation of GSHL nothing is to change I hear. Time will tell. :unsure:

It is apparently a reverse take over in that the current GSHL owners will be in charge of the new company. Shares will be offered to employees I gather - at some point. GSHL must be gearing up for growth, which is the reason most companies list - to raise cash. As for the operation of GSHL nothing is to change I hear. Time will tell. :unsure:

like you said. need facts first. it is a surprise that no one saw this coming. be interesting to see who is running who. Between the two companies, there are no dumb people. but every take over in past history has not been smooth. Northern Mountain/Peace. this was stated before in the forums about the size of GS increasing so quickly.

A reverse take over is when a company uses the assets of a target company to take out a loan or other debt which is then used to buy the target company. If this is truely a reverse take over it is very unlikely that the current great slave owners are involved, why would they go to the trouble to buy themselves out.