Sign in to follow this  
Sailbad_the_Sinner

Started Forestry Season?

Guest Angry Egg Driver

A friend of mine was on a fire in Rocky Mtn House yesterday.They started man up today......... :P

fire in twin butte area soouthern Alberta 5 hrs of bucketing!

Got to luv the jug hounds when they fall asleep with fires burning to keep them warm when the wind is about 90kms a hr.

Was a good break from flying bags anyway..... :up:

Couple days of fire work in Morley. (40 min west of Calgary). And a whole lot of prescribed burning planned for basically the whole east side of Banff National park. Looks like it could be a good season here...not much snow pack.

Fly safe peps.

post-1492-1145669203_thumb.jpg

Dusty Roads:

Nice looking machine, the registration was originally a 204B owned by Autair and crashed and killed the pilot on the Polar Shelf contract.

Rear mounted antenna went into the tail rotor. Pierrre Babuso was the pilots name, from France.

Don

Thanks Don.

Acctually, you were on that fire. At least i think it was that fire. That was 2004 just outside the WhiteSwan provicial park. I don't think that is you flying, crew change early in the fire.

oh...and an exageration on my last post....its not the whole east side of the park...but a few spots along the way ;)

happy flying

Dusty; It must have been some other good looking pilot, I haven't flown commercially since 1987 after dumping an L-1 in Lake Manitouwadge with the OMNR. Prior to that I was flying over the pond since the early eighties.

Have a good and careful season.

Cheers, Don