Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Alpha Eagle Helmet

Just got an Alpha Eagle myself. The shell is relatively comfortable but the speakers suck!! I've know several people before me that got one and had to change the speakers. Put in some David Clark speakers and it made a world of difference. I think if I was going to do it again, I'd buy an HU84. I just don't think the Alpha has the fit and finish of my old Gentex. Just my two cents...

I, like Autorelight, had a nightmare of a time with the US distributor. I gave up trying to repair the situation and still have not had my damaged visor replaced from 2003. The helmet is great generally but I took off my hard cover since it kept slammig into everything and velcroed on a leather home made job. I agree the speakers are average but I think the budget foam seals are the issue there. I like the helmet and would recommend it.

I bought mine from Vester Craig in North Carolina for $1700 CDN. That was a year ago when the dollar was much lower. As far as warranty any dealer will fix your helmet within the first year. I had a mic and volume control go and maxcraft in Vancouver warrantied the items no problem. The rigid visor cover is pretty big and the soft visor is a must for longlining. No scratching bubble windows and more clearance for longlining in an astar.

I did not have time to read all of this thread. I have the Eagle, purchased in Nov 93, hard cover.

Purchased from Vester Craing also. Interactive Safety Products I believe.

Helmut fits okay, ear tensioner do not work for me.

Visor cover scratched the visor. So did the replacement. So did the second replacement. Now no response from the company. I would not buy from them. Lots of guys here have the French bucket, seem to like it very much. MSA Gallett I think. Not sure on the spelling.

Four guys who work in the same company that I do, purchased Alpha's from the States a few months ago. Each of them has had to return the helmet with problems. Most problems were the headsets cutting in and out. One guy returned his and it came back to him with a large scratch on it. So he made them get him a new one. And he has since had problems with that one also. I myself bought a Gallet LH 250. I know most people think they are expensive but it depends on where you buy them. I have tried on both helmets and find the Gallet a much nicer helmet. I got mine for $1900 CDN, down in the States out of Florida ($1600 US). I understand that if you buy the helmet in Canada it will be about $2700 CDN. You just have to be smart about how you buy these things and not pay customs duty.

I know of that company in North Carolina, and have not heard anything good about them.

Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

Our company just ordered and received 3 from South Carolina. Didn't know there was a supplier in Canada. With the Noise cancelling the price was $7,000.00 US for 3.

One showed up with the ear phones not working, brand new....figure that one. Haven't had a chance to use it yet. Feels comfortable though. Will advice once I use it.

NG Limited - I bought my Gallet from Merit Apparel

1755 Commerce Avenue

Vero Beach, Fl 32960

tel 772.563.0002

fax 772.563.2575

info@meritapparel.com

The guy down there to talk to is Rob Haymers - good guy and knows his #### pretty well. He will help you with shipping to Canada in a way to help reduce customs costs. Or you can do like I did. Have it delivered to an address in the States then go pick it up yourself or have someone you know down there send it up to you in a way that makes it seem its not new.

I find the noise level pretty good with the Gallet. Especially with the Hush Kit and the Zeta Liner that they have now. Makes it very comfortable for flying with. Gotta say I am really happy with my purchase so far and having no problems whatsoever.