C 172 missing YGE > YBW this evening

I guess it's not 'bad news' that the plane was found, 407, because it will avoid a lingering mystery. It's just that here's another of these senseless, all too avoidable tragedies to chalk up.

Really don't want to get into a 'rant' here but, as much as I'm a proponent of individual liberties, I simply can't support the extent to which we allow the blissfully ignorant to wreak tragedy on their friends and loved ones, manifesting their 'rights.' 'Nuff said. I get too choked on this one.15.gif

I was over the site today, it's sort of amazing that 10 aircraft searching for 10 days can't find a white Cessna laying in a green alpine meadow..... Although I had the GPS coordinates from the RCMP, I was able to see it from 1,000' and 1 mile away....and at 10 PM (10 minutes prior to grounding).

It appears that he was trying for a Pass, and came up about 200-300 feet low and impacted the terrain. The aircraft fuselage burned upon impact, but the wings and tail were still very visible.