Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Hiller 12

PapaVictor

I know plenty of schools using R-22, Schweizer or Bell 47. I was just wondering if there where any Hiller 12 around. Since I have a lot of time on the Hiller it's just easier, and I love the machine. But I would second for the Bell-47. I just like high inertia rotor systems. Never flew the R-22 and probably never will.

I think there may be one in the Fraser Valley used for spraying but that was a few years back that I had seen it. Dont know if its still there or who had it for sure if I had to guess id say Tundra or One of the spray ops. out of Chilliwack. But why wouldn't you just go an get an r-22 rating with your conversion this way giving you more employmets oportunities here if thats what you wanted. If you gotta fly for your conversion why not "piggyback" another or any other possible endorsements at the same time? The 22 is used in the feild as well as for training and the transition to r-44 might be easier after too being another widely used machine. Or bite the bullet and do it on a 206?

There is a Hiller flying out of Chilliwack. I have seen it in the hangar just east of the pumps. Dont know the name of the group off the top of my head.

Western Aerial at the Chilliwack airport uses hillers for their spraying contracts. They have a few of the machines there.