Notice: Effective July 1, 2024, Vertical Forums will be officially shut down. As a result, all forum activity will be permanently removed. We understand that this news may come as a disappointment, but we would like to thank everyone for being a part of our community for so many years.

If you are interested in taking over this Forum, please contact us prior to July 1.

Comm Lic For $ 5300

Canrotor

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey SwissMatt, I say the two of us make a trip up there this summer and check em out. We can go ingognito and try to get the straight goods from whoever we find.

****, maybe they'll let us mow the lawn and wash their company car in exchange for an into flight! :lol:

Also raises questions with their head office in Leduc of all places. :blink:

lol!! i started my EMS career in leduc back in 1980.. for you youngun's, that was PB... or pre-blackberry!! :D:D

i think that, as has been said, if it's too good to be true, it usually is.. reading the website, however, it does say the training will be done on the enstrom... don't you have tons of time on enstroms, sharky??

I was wondering what the **** this is?

Is it on vancouver island or in alberta?? WHAT THE!

hahhaha...... toooooooo bad its poop!

well I will keep you guys posted.........I am contacting the owner of the flight school........this school is actually in my home town and will be able to find out a bit about this "magic flight plan."

I'm going to see if they'll hire me as a AME and do this program........ I will see what this is about !

Sounds way too good to be true.

I know this much:

the owner of the flight school is the owner of the qualicum heritage inn thus the accomodations and meal plan........ the students will be working the INN most of the time while getting their flight hours and training over TWO years.......not too shabby considering the price of 5300........but I will do a bit more investigating.....I will be talking to the owner tomorrow.

The biggest problem with the program is the flying schedule. Probably only one hour every weekend or two. That's no way to learn to fly helicopters at all. One needs to be at it every day to retain anything you learned the previous lesson.

The school isn't about producing quality students. It's probably either a way to get free labour for their other business, or build hours for the instructor. <_<

Would really love to know the instructor who signed on for this gig. :blink: