The best thing about the helicopter industry...

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and I thought that would always be our little secret .... was going to take that one to my grave amigo... but now that you''ve brought it out into the open... Anyone intrested in the sordid details of the infamous "barbie" tent.... I charge at least a beer..... it''s worth a dozen...

This is one post I dedcided to make my comments. Being able to travel worldwide and meet with pilots, engineers, ground crew, management and associated personnel, you get to meet the good, bad and the ugly.

However I have to say that the majority of people I have met have a passion for this industry, whether they are high time guys or girls or newbies. The disgruntled ones can be counted on one hand. Thats something I enjoy the most, being able to sit down, have a beer, and talk about the industry and its diversity.

The diversity if another great thing - you look at the variety of things we do with helicopters. From venison recovery to offshore, police to ag work, from training to logging, the uses are amazing.

We have a lot of great things in this industry, some great people and some amazing characters. Some I have met, others only by email, but these are just two of the things I personally enjoy about this industry. On a personal note, and I am sure Mike from Vertical will agree with this, the one thing we really enjoy is being able to visit with operators, both in Canada and worldwide and showcase who they are and what they do in our magazines.

Just my two cents worth.

Heli Ops