In Memoriam

Thanks Pinch;

I remember that speach, was nice to be reminded of it.

Also, remember the time he sent Dougie Donuts to Rocky to buy the latest girlie magazine and Doug comes back exclaiming how he'd never do it again as the lady behind the counter was staring at him. "the penthouse is for the pilot" and the lady replies "so the Archie Digest is for you then?". I guess the lady was trying to understand what kind of wierd dude would read archie digest AND penthouse. Sandy didn't think it was as funny as the rest of us did but still was laughing about it.

Am flying the machine you did the 500 hour on last fall. Is almost ready for another. Still have this white thing hooked to the underside, tower in Kamloops asked me what is was, said "don't know, but it won't leave me alone" .

You take care of yourself too my friend.

I too have many fond memories of Sandy.

One wich my Wife told at his Memorial was when we lived at the hanger in Peace River and Sandy spent all his evenings in the hanger building his car hauling trailer. We had a Cat who in the evenings would get into the heaitng system in the hanger and Walk through the overhead ducts! After a few days of this Sandy was convinced that the hanger was haunted and he was hearing ghosts!

Another was a bussy fire season in Ontario. We were one of the last to arrive in Pickle Lake and there were no rooms available in town. Well at the last hotel, Sandy noticed a slight accent in the guy at the desk and started talking to him in French! Next thing you know we both have rooms in a section that was being renivated.

I can't beleve its been 6 years!!! I think about Sandy all the time. I did not know how close to him I was untill he was gone...... I hope he knew.

I'll not make that mistake again! Corey, Paul, Mitch, Jeff, I'll do my best to keep you guys safe up there, Fly carefully.

Pinch

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Real Lepage went to Ame's heaven on Saturday 24 June 2006 at age 74.

First met Real in Knob Lake (Schefferville) when the Mid-Canada Doppler detection system was being built.

Real was in the RCAF 108 Squadron from Ottawa, using S-58's.

I was in the RCNAS HU-21 Squadron, using S-55's.

This all took place the winter of 56/57.

The fall of 1957, both of us out of the service and working for Spartan Air Services, Ottawa. After a course on the H-21 Piasecki in Arnprior we again proceeded to Knob Lake to work on the Mid-Canada line providing transportation from Great Whale to Hopedale.

After Spartan went belly up in 59 everybody went there separate ways.

I met and kept in touch with Real over the years and he finally ended his aviation career in Ottawa regional office as an inspector for TC.

God speed, Bud and keep the wings of my Angel's in an airworthy condition.

Cheers, Don (The teenager) his pet name for me.

Don McDougall

Pinch

I have this little "memorial" on my porch railing. Can't help but smile everytime I look at this goofy lookin Pilot. I miss my dear friends very much as well.....but life goes on. Happy landings TC , Doug and George

Hp

post-1522-1151599467_thumb.jpg

I too have many fond memories of Sandy.

One wich my Wife told at his Memorial was when we lived at the hanger in Peace River and Sandy spent all his evenings in the hanger building his car hauling trailer. We had a Cat who in the evenings would get into the heaitng system in the hanger and Walk through the overhead ducts! After a few days of this Sandy was convinced that the hanger was haunted and he was hearing ghosts!

Another was a bussy fire season in Ontario. We were one of the last to arrive in Pickle Lake and there were no rooms available in town. Well at the last hotel, Sandy noticed a slight accent in the guy at the desk and started talking to him in French! Next thing you know we both have rooms in a section that was being renivated.

I can't beleve its been 6 years!!! I think about Sandy all the time. I did not know how close to him I was untill he was gone...... I hope he knew.

I'll not make that mistake again! Corey, Paul, Mitch, Jeff, I'll do my best to keep you guys safe up there, Fly carefully.

Pinch

Sandy was a great pilot and an even better friend. I was priviledged to work with him on several jobs, and each and every one was fun. He had two whiskey jacks that he fed every morning on one job, to the point that they would sit on the steering wheel of the truck and eat out of our hands.

Working with Sandy was always a treat. There isn't a day go by even now, when something doesn't happen that reminds me of him.

I miss Sandy.

:(

RTR :(

edited by twinstar...

this thread is NOT for pointing out any faults or whatever... it's a thread for people to pay some RESPECT to lost friends and colleagues..

totally out of line, mr moore... :down:

how dare you make the derogatorie remarks of people you have no affiliation with!

:down: :down: :down: