What Do You Guys Think Of This Idea?

allbananas

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"If the autorotative capabilities are anything like the 300, Keep it."

what are you saying?????? <_<

having done literally hundreds of full on autos in a 300, i beg to differ......

talk to BC Heli as they are a schweizer dealer. we have had people buy machines to time build. one guy bought one with a partner, built 500 hours of time then sold his share and basically covered his costs............

If you want a helicopter, don't buy an enstrom. Maintenenace intensive.

R44 is the best bang for your buck IMHO.

However, if you are a bored private helicopter pilot who owns a helicopter. You either are in the wrong career, or you enjoy flying and making just enough to pay the bills.

I see people all the time who think that all pilots are these rich wealthy people. Well...the truth is, it just aint so. As a matter of fact, flying isn't like a regular job. You need to really love doing it to be succesful and safe. We don't do it for the money or chicks.

Maybe harsh, but....I'm not interested in private helicopter pilots who have the abiltiy to fund thier own machines. The commercial knowledge or experience just isn't there.

Helicopters aren't pad to pad. Helicopters are camp to camp.

Bottom line is...I ain't interested in bored private pilots. If, you aren't in that categaory...good luck to you!

Guest Bullet Remington

However, if you are a bored private helicopter pilot who owns a helicopter. You either are in the wrong career, or you enjoy flying and making just enough to pay the bills.

Helicopters aren't pad to pad. Helicopters are camp to camp.

Bottom line is...I ain't interested in bored private pilots. If, you aren't in that categaory...good luck to you!

Well Then....I guess I'll just have to differ with RTR. Having a Midol day there RTR?? :shock:

I just finished doing some add-ons to a jet box from you r neck of the woods. (Robin Hood Land). He wasn't bored, he wasn't in the wrong career he was JAFD. Yep, a Private owner WITH a jetbox. Nice machine too, one of the cleanest I've ever seen. ;)

Did the work, gave him the bill, no sqwaking, no complaining, paid it and made another appointment to bring the machine back!

Personally, I don't give a rat's a$$ whether the owner driver is a "professional" driver, or a private driver. The machines and the drivers all get the same service, and respect they give me.

So if All bananas wants to buy a machine, whether to fly personally, to lease, or to park. I don't have a problem with that. ****, were I in his position, I'd do the same thing!

My ONLT recommendation to All Bananas is; If you plan on getting a machine, spend a few dollars and get an engineer to go and look at the machine, the machine's history and do an indepth check over of the machine, and the machine log books.

And, good luck to ya All Bananas. I do hope you find the machine that suits your requirements!

RTR,

Lookin like I gotta come up there and ply you back to the manly side with the smell of testotorone, beans,, jet b, varsol, and grease!! :up: :up:

I'll be up there the end of this month, gotta do a look around of that machine to make sure everything is keepin the owner flat, fat and happy! B)

Thanks Bullet,

i appreciate your advise, and i will definatly take an engineer with me to check over the machine and to make sure that the helicopter is alright.

I am definatly not a bored pilot, and i love flying. I am just approaching things a little bit differently, but that doesn't mean that i can't be a successful and safe commercial pilot RTR.

Anyhow, thanks again bullet...i really appreachiate your comments.

AB

"Did the work, gave him the bill, no sqwaking, no complaining, paid it and made another appointment to bring the machine back!"

he didn't happen to pay cash from a thick wad wrapped in a rubber band now did he????????? :P

i agree with Bullet. GET AN ENGINEER TO LOOK IT OVER!!

there aint a company owner in the world that would buy an a/c without having their engineer look it over........

Story Time.

Back in the mid-seventies with Canadain in Montreal, we bought some Allwet 11 from Rocky Mountain in Utah, who gave them to us at a really good price because they were under powered.

All we did was the adjust the readings of pitch degrees on the blades to what was indicated in the cockspit. Normal power setting for the best bush machine ever invented.

Emile and I had quite a laugh.

Cheers, Don

PS: Thats what AME'S are for.

Chopper man

The 300 falls out of the sky and the rotor sytem and flight platform is definately not as stable as a R44 or 22. or 47 for that matter.

Now if you tell me that its not, well then you probable havn'ty flown both and compared.

I think that the 300 is a good traing machine, but It is probaly way easier to learn flying a more aerodynamically stable helicopter.

Its not a question of arguing, its a fact!! :rolleyes:

H :wacko:

Yes, it's true.........I trained in the 22 and the 300. The 22 If you hear the horn, you have less time to put the collective down. The 22 glides further away, even with two passengers! The 300 just drops like a rock, but the bottom part of a full on auto is smoother then the 22. The 44 does even compare to the 22 or the 300..........the 44 is a great machine for a piston.